• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk Customer Service

ScottyT

imported post

I just wanted to put a quick word in for the great folks over at Blackhawk! I wanted to share my interaction with them today:

My initial email:

After hearing so many wonderful things about your company and your products from friends, family and online groups, I purchased the SERPA CQC holster for my Springfield Armory XD 45. I used the paddle option from the start and I loved it! It held my firearm securely into my body and I could wear it all day in comfort. About two weeks after I purchased this holster I was getting into my car and caught the end of my hosltered weapon on the car, bending it outwards enough to snap one side of the top of the paddle. I realize that the holster was probably not designed to handle that kind of pressure. I have been using the belt attatchment since then, but I don't like it near as much as the paddle. I did not keep my receipt and the shop I purchased the holster from has a rather strict return policy. I was hoping that I could acquire just the paddle attatchment if I dealt directly with you. I realize that the damage was pretty much my fault, so I would of course be willing to pay for it, I just really don't want to drop another $40 for the whole shebang. Please let me know what I can do. Thank you for your time.

I was very ready and willing to pay for a replacement part, as I put some pretty extreme pressure on the holster (all 230 pounds of me bending it out to almost 90 degrees) -- the damage, I felt, was my fault.

LESS THAN 15 MINUTES LATER, I get the following reply from Blackhawk:
Scott, I’m so sorry for your trouble! We have redesigned the paddle platforms and they are now much sturdier and durable than they used to be. They are covered by your warranty, so if you’ll just give me your shipping information, I’ll get a new one out to you free of charge. Thanks!
Add one more satisfied customer to the list! I have always heard such great things from locals about Blackhawk -- they sure have proven themselves to me!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have not yet needed any warranty work from them, but given the good things I keep hearing about their customer service I am almost looking forward to having something break.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I have not yet needed any warranty work from them, but given the good things I keep hearing about their customer service I am almost looking forward to having something break.

ROTFLMAO...Yur fuuuny.

Break, :cuss:Damn it, Break. I want to get a new one:cuss:.

TJ

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

ROTFLMAO...Yur fuuuny.

Break, :cuss:Damn it, Break. I want to get a new one:cuss:.

TJ
Laff - well, I got a different style paddle with my Sig SERPA and I think it kinda sucks comopared to the other style. If it fell apart so I ended up with two of the style I like that would be pretty cool :)

Mike M.

imported post

Im in the process of dealing with them right now, as i just found out there is a recall on my SERPA CQC for my M&P. So far, so good. They got back to me pretty quick when i sent out the first email.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Did they say how new the 'new' ones are. I bought my cqc a year or two ago and I use the paddle holster. I don't want it to snap off of somebody tries a grab. It's been roughed quite a bit as I tested it with some friends when I first bought it and they couldn't harm the holster even when they tried.