• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep hitting this Georgia restaurant & mass transit carry poll!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Done. I saw this earlier today. I liked the article about the VCDL get-together being in the AJC, too. Perdue had a whole lot of folks holding their collective breath on that one.

tattedupboy

imported post

I never understood why some states (such as Missouri and Montana) make it a felony for licensed law abiding citizens to carry while on public transportation. What's the big deal? As much as I disdain it, I can at least understand some of the other off limits places, such as daycares, courthouses, jails, etc. However, I can't for the life of me understand why places such as churches, polling places, and public transportation are off limits. I'm glad it's not a big deal here in Indiana, because I don't even own a car, so I use public transportation to go everywhere. If public transportation were off limits here, I would have to leave my gun at home. No one should have to do that due to the lack of a personal automobile.

Peacemaker

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
I...However, I can't for the life of me understand why places such as churches, polling places, and public transportation are off limits. I'm glad it's not a big deal here in Indiana, because I don't even own a car, so I use public transportation to go everywhere. If public transportation were off limits here, I would have to leave my gun at home.  No one should have to do that due to the lack of a personal automobile. 

It is currently a felony in Georgia to carry a weapon into the vicinity of a public transportation terminal. Fortunately, it will be totally legal starting July 1 since to General Assembly passed and the Governor signed HB89 into law.

Localized places off-limits laws are really an end run around both the Federal and State Constitution protections on the right to keep and bear arms. Because the governments cannot pass outright bans, they pass incremental bans in enough places that people just have to leave their guns at home.