• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry permit/moving to new state

tito887

imported post

so i'm still waiting for my carry permit. I'm a florida resident right now. I'm planning on moving to kentucky within 2 months and I've been having trouble finding info about what someone does in a situation like this. I know I can open carry in Kentucky which I"m happy about but I still want to have my permit. Has anyone been in a situation like this and what have you done?

tito887

imported post

I'm not sure if Fl will. But I do know that the qualifications to get a ky permit is that you be a resident for at least 6 months.

imperialism2024

imported post

Some states don't require you to do anything.

As I understand it (IANAL), Pennsylvania issues a LTCF, and there is no need to update the address... essentially that LTCF stays good so long as it isn't revoked, regardless of residency.

I'd vote for the "get a non-res Kentucky permit" option.

PFC Helms

imported post

Change your FL permit to a Non-resident for 6 months and then obtain your KY permit. Open Carry is also a good thing. Come on over the the KY Forums sometime we won't bite. lol