• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rights - Interested in broader opinion

Was this a violation of a citizens CIVIL RIGHTS (Multiple Choice)

• Yes it was a violation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it wasn't a violation

• People Who are disgusted with these incidents

• Total voters

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

I doubt we will agree on everything, so perhaps we will agree to disagree? :) Thank you for serving and thanks for joining in on the spirited debate. If i may say i am sorry for some of the rude statements i made in my post. Last night i was cranky and had been up for 26 hours...stupid work

happy carrying,

jason

Gunslinger

imported post

Reasonable men, especially those who agree on the most important issues, always have room to disagree. No offense taken, as my favorite jokes are about lawyers: What would you call the Titanic if it had been full of lawyers? A good beginning. :cuss:As to my service to our country, it was my pleasure, but you're welcome.

PFC Helms

imported post

Everybody who is interested I am going today 19MAY2008 Monday to file the complaint and the FOIA request and I will update with what I find out.

Thanks for the Interesting point of views. I really appreciate the broad scope of view that everyone has to offerand will do my best to convey the OC crowd as one of respect, responsible, and understanding people. I treat every time I wear my weapon as one that I am wearing my Uniform. Acting in a manner that will bring no dishonor upon Myself, My fellow Soldiers, The Army, or The United States. Just as when I wear my weapon Iact in a manner that will bringno dishonor upon Myself, My fellow OCer's, or the United States.

Thanks Again for the support.

Helms, Thomas S.
PFC
1/149th BSTB
U.S. Army

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PFC Helms wrote:
I treat every time I wear my weapon as one that I am wearing my Uniform. Acting in a manner that will bring no dishonor upon Myself, My fellow Soldiers, The Army, or The United States. Just as when I wear my weapon Iact in a manner that will bringno dishonor upon Myself, My fellow OCer's, or the United States.
Honor is a virtue oft forgotten in our modern age, and a virtue perhaps never more needed. Your phrasing touched me. God's speed and best of luck with today's mission to assert your rights.