• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Busch Gardens

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I used to get the whole family Seasons passes when the kids where kids...long before I made the decision to carry ALL the TIME...

I looked on Busch Gardens web site, no mention of firearms.

do they have Metal detectors at the gates? Signs everywhere no Firearms? etc.

I want to get the passes but I DON"T want to be a sheep ever... (CC will be the only option I'm sure)

Freeflight...

kwmayo

imported post

No metal detectors, but there are security guards checking bags.

Also, they have a license to sell alcohol for on-site consumption.... Those laws confuse the hell out of me, but it would lead me to believe that you couldnt CC.

Plus, half the fun of BG is knocking back a few cold ones :)

vt357

imported post

I know BG does prohibit firearms. They have signs posted at the entrances - but (at least as of last summer) they did not have metal detectors like King's Dominion does.

As far as their ABC license - someone with a lot more knowledge on the legal definition of a "restaurant" should to chime in. I seem to recall their being a discussion about OC not being required at a baseball game b/c the ballpark (even though it has an ABC license) does not meet the definition of a restaurant (no tables in a dining area to eat the food at). But BG has specific areas with tables designated where alcohol is permitted - which would leave me to believe that those areas may be considered a "restuarant." Also you cannot just avoid these areas as to walk from one area to the park to another you must go through them - they aren't just inside a building like the Festhaus.

So if you CC you may be breaking two laws: trespassing (because you are aware of the private property prohibition) and possibly carrying in a restaurant that serves alcohol. IANAL

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+4.1-100

Restaurant" means, for a beer, or wine and beer license or a limited mixed beverage restaurant license, any establishment provided with special space and accommodation, where, in consideration of payment, meals or other foods prepared on the premises are regularly sold.

"Restaurant" means, for a mixed beverage license other than a limited mixed beverage restaurant license, an established place of business (i) where meals with substantial entrees are regularly sold and (ii) which has adequate facilities and sufficient employees for cooking, preparing, and serving such meals for consumption at tables in dining areas on the premises, and includes establishments specializing in full course meals with a single substantial entree.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

2 things:
1. Busch Gardens prohibits weapons.
2. There are at least 4 restaurant licenses issued for BG. The limits or premises for the restaurants are the entire 'villages' they are in. Hence when you go there you see 'no alcohol beyond this point, signs at the gates. You have to OC in almost the entire park.

Rey

imported post

Yeah, my company is sponsering a trip to BG next month, and I'm going to go Baa'ing my head off on every ride!

:p

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They are definately posted there. Also, sometimes when you buy one of the imitation swords they have for sale there, they walk you out of the park with it.