Thread: Old Country Buffet

Post imported post

I see from a PA site that there has been quite a hubbub about guns at the Old Country buffet up in PA.

From what I can gather, some LEOs illegally confiscated one or guns of some guys having an OC dinner.

The Old Country Buffet management did not mind the patrons with guns, in fact some of the employees were CC. But apparently corporate management has now insisted upon a sign barring guns from the premisis.

That is PA. What about here in VA? Is corporate going to post these signs everywhere, or are the VA locations already posted?

Post imported post

Link to story of hubbub?

Post imported post

this tells some of the story about the Dickson Dozen:

http://www.wnep.com/global/story.asp?s=8320639

Check the PA forum on here for threads about Dickson for more info. One thread http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/10755.html

Also I know another forum for PA firearms owners which is where I initially learned of this but I don't want to run afoul of any possible TOS here, not sure if that is frowned on or not.

Post imported post

Thanks Skeptic.

I don't get out (of the Virginia forum) much.

Also, I don't know of any prohibitions against linking to other sites.

Edit: Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. I haven't been to an Old Country Buffet in years.

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    I see from a PA site that there has been quite a hubbub about guns at the Old Country buffet up in PA.

From what I can gather, some LEOs illegally confiscated one or guns of some guys having an OC dinner.

The Old Country Buffet management did not mind the patrons with guns, in fact some of the employees were CC. But apparently corporate management has now insisted upon a sign barring guns from the premisis.

That is PA. What about here in VA? Is corporate going to post these signs everywhere, or are the VA locations already posted?

7/16/08 - OC at Old Country Buffet - STORY FOLLOWS!

In a letter to the corporate offices for Old Country Buffet:

I visited your Old Country Buffet location at Potomac Mills Mall on Prince William Pkwy on 7/16/2008 at aprrox 6 PM for dinner. In Virginia, open carry of a handgun is legal, and I carry everywhere I go. Additionally, I have carried my weapon in this establishment several times in the past. I would like to begin by saying that I respect any owner/manager's thoughts and policys on carrying a weapon to their businesses, however, sometimes the way that the information is conveyed to the customer comes into question. I dont have any problem with the manager at your restaurant letting me know he wants me to keep my gun in my car on future visits. However, instead of taking me aside to inform me of his dislike of my weapon:X, he proceeded to call me out in front of all of the other customers in the vicinity of where i was seated, and in a voice that could be heard by them. Needless to say, those who did not realize i had a weapon immeadately took note :shock:and one gentleman expressed his thoughts out loud:what:. Another group of patrons decided to leave. I, as well, did not argue, and even though he told me I could finish my dinner "this time", I promptly declined and stated to him I would not be returning again, then immediately left the restaurant. There should be a procedure for this kind of confrontaion, otherwise these embarrasing situations will occur if the manager does not take the time to pull the patron aside to discuss the handgun policys in place for thier business. Nevertheless, I will not patronize any old country, Hometown, or Country buffet after this, and niether will any other gun owners that legally carry here. Be assured that any negitive experiences that we have will be shared with other open carry patrons at http://www.opencarry.com I ask that you please reply to me with your official company policy on this situation. Thank you.

Post imported post

A while back I OCd at the Old Country Buffet in Chesapeake. No signs and no problems.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

joeamt, that is a very troubling incident you describe.

You have my complete sympathy.

I wonder though about your account with all the smiley-icons peppered through your letter. I'm sure your letter to the company didn't have those sorts of distractions. But, I think, even "on the internet," this is too serious to make light of by injection of that sort of stuff.

Just my two cents.

I hope you receive a satisfactory reply from the management.

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
    joeamt, that is a very troubling incident you describe.

You have my complete sympathy.

I wonder though about your account with all the smiley-icons peppered through your letter. I'm sure your letter to the company didn't have those sorts of distractions. But, I think, even "on the internet," this is too serious to make light of by injection of that sort of stuff.

Just my two cents.

I hope you receive a satisfactory reply from the management.
    As of this letter, I have not recieved any reply from them. Also, NO, No emotes are in my letter to the corporate offices.. I made it professional and as to the point as I could. I will never go to another Old Country Buffett again.. Besides, the food isnt as good as Golden Corrall, which is my preference anyway.