• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What reciprocity mapos do you find most accurate?

ccunning

imported post

Wow! I didn't know DC was "May Issue".

I'm sure I could figure this out on my own, but
it would be rather time consuming, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done. As a Virginia resident which set of permits gets will get me the best coverage nationally?

Edit: After playing around here a bit:
http://www.usacarry.com/index.php/interactive-permit-maps.html
Virginia-Utah seems to be the best two permit combo I can find.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

ccunning wrote:
Wow! I didn't know DC was "May Issue".

I'm sure I could figure this out on my own, but
it would be rather time consuming, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done. As a Virginia resident which set of permits gets will get me the best coverage nationally?

Edit: After playing around here a bit:
http://www.usacarry.com/index.php/interactive-permit-maps.html
We have a Utah class coming up in July if you are interested.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think the biggest differences are that they don't do a very good job of taking in to account those states that only take resident permits from other states..

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

ccunning wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
ccunning wrote:
We have a Utah class coming up in July if you are interested.
I am interested. What is the procedure/requirements to obtain a non-resident Utah permit?

http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFNewApp.html

Where to Apply:

Apply by mail to:
Bureau of Criminal Identification
3888 West 5400 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84118
801-965-4445

Format page for printing

Applications will be accepted in person from 8:00 am until 5:00 p.m. at the above location. You may download an application here. (Requires Adobe Reader. To download the FREE Adobe Reader, visit the Adobe® web site.)

What Will it Cost to Apply?

A non-refundable fee of $65.25 must be included with your application. This fee consists of $35.00 for application and permit processing and $30.25 charged by the F.B.I. to process your fingerprint cards. Please make checks and money orders payable to the "Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification".

Who is Eligible?

*Minimum requirements for application for a concealed firearms permit in Utah are:

[align=center]

•Applicant must be at least 21 years of age

•Proof of good character...whereas the applicant;
[/align]

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I no longer really use the maps until I verify all the info I am interested in first by going to the state sites. Maybe I am just being paranoid but I I know the cop isn't gonna care that I have a nice little picture map that says my permit is legal

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I use handgunlaw.us for reciprocity maps. I have used the site pretty extensively and have not found any errors.

carryconcealed.net has an error on the MO reciprocity map and I haven't checked for any other states.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I use handgunlaw.us for reciprocity maps. I have used the site pretty extensively and have not found any errors.

carryconcealed.net has an error on the MO reciprocity map and I haven't checked for any other states.

handgunlaw.us seems to be the one that I like the best as well. I wasnt aware that there were so many.

Jim