• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police said man had 28 weapons

Flintlock

imported post

http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/nj/index.ssf?/base/news-8/1210651558252840.xml&coll=2

Police say man had 28 weapons
Assault rifles allegedly among Paul Waller's arsenal.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
By TOM QUIGLEYThe Express-Times
BELVIDERE | A Blairstown Township man charged with unlawful possession of 28 guns, including assault rifles, was arraigned Monday in state Superior Court.

Paul E. Waller, of Cedar Lake Road, is charged with possessing weapons ranging from a BB gun to assault rifles.

Authorities aren't releasing details about the circumstances of Waller's arrest Friday or why he allegedly owned so many weapons.

A New Jersey State Police spokesman said the case remains under investigation and declined further comment.

Waller is charged with three complaints of failing to register assault weapons, according to court records.

He is also charged with illegal possession of an MAK-90 7.62-caliber assault firearm and a Russian-made SKS-45 assault firearm.

The other charges include illegal possession of two double-barreled shotguns, two 12-gauge shotguns and a Browning rifle.

Waller did not return a message left with a woman who answered the phone at his home Monday.

Reporter Tom Quigley can be reached at 908-475-8184 or by e-mail at tquigley@express-times.com.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You know, I was just reading on Wiki about the Star Chamber court.

In one section, the article mentions that printing presses were licensed.

Hmmmmm.

No, guess not. Intriguing thought, though.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Wow, haven't heard of the Russian SKS referred to as the SKS-45 for quite a while!!! So I'm wondering how it came to be that the authorities busted this guy? And 28 "weapons" is an arsenal?!?!? They'd shit a brick if they saw my collection!!! LOL

CowboyKen

imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Wow, haven't heard of the Russian SKS referred to as the SKS-45 for quite a while!!! So I'm wondering how it came to be that the authorities busted this guy? And 28 "weapons" is an arsenal?!?!? They'd shit a brick if they saw my collection!!! LOL
If you lived in NJ you would be living here::celebrate

[align=center]
ejsp.jpg

[/align]
http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/cia/ejsp.html :what:

Ken

sandcast69

imported post

Well, we are talking about New Jersey, where they consider a BB gun a deadly weapon.
It doesn't surprise me that they would consider 28 firearms an arsenal.
It's a shame he'll probably do time, and the firearms will probably be destroyed.

Thundar

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/nj/index.ssf?/base/news-8/1210651558252840.xml&coll=2

Tuesday, May 13, 2008
BELVIDERE | A Blairstown Township man charged with unlawful possession of 28 guns, including assault rifles, was arraigned Monday in state Superior Court.

Paul E. Waller, of Cedar Lake Road, is charged with possessing weapons ranging from a BB gun to assault rifles.

Authorities aren't releasing details about the circumstances of Waller's arrest Friday or why he allegedly owned so many weapons.

A New Jersey State Police spokesman said the case remains under investigation and declined further comment.

Waller is charged with three complaints of failing to register assault weapons, according to court records.

He is also charged with illegal possession of an MAK-90 7.62-caliber assault firearm and a Russian-made SKS-45 assault firearm.

The other charges include illegal possession of two double-barreled shotguns, two 12-gauge shotguns and a Browning rifle.

Waller did not return a message left with a woman who answered the phone at his home Monday.

Reporter Tom Quigley can be reached at 908-475-8184 or by e-mail at tquigley@express-times.com.
This is America, that can't happen here!!!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

7.62 ismillimeter not calibre... morons.

Yeah... we'd all be in the New Jersey cross bar hotel I reckon. Obviously, New Jersy doesn't recognize the US Constitution at all. This is one of those instances where the entire state government should be arrested by US Marshalls 'n put in their own jails.

I think I'll send an e-mail to this reporter to that effect.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

2 October 2008
Hello Tom...

This incident recently came to my attention:

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

BB guns ain't 'weapons'.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Why? Because it's his pre-existing Right as guaranteed by the Second Amendment USC.

('Probl'y shining his jack boots...)

Gun registration is illegal.

7.62 is millimeter (mm), not calibre. An SKS is a carbine, not any sort of assault rifle. Semi-automatic rifles are NOT Assault anything.

Double barrels have bore diameters too. What's illegal about shotguns? (Or a rifle for that matter.)

Duh? You expect him to talk to the pro-jackboot media?

FYI: Citizens have a Right to protect themselves as individuals. The Government... (any government) cannot 'grant' the people their inherent Rights as free people. The government can only recognize, codify and PROTECT those inherent pre-existing rights. Those 'inalienable rights' y'all might have heard of.

The Constitution is recognition and codification of these rights. Not something GIVEN. No more than the air we breath or thoughts in our heads.Governmental denial of actual Rights is Tyranny.Your State Police are no more than jack booted errand boys sent by grocery clerks. They all took the oath to 'Support and defend the Constitution'... and yet wipe their feet on it. They ALL are in violation of their sworn oath.

The MSM... the 'talking heads'... all have completly overlooked SCJ Scalia's opinion... which extends far beyond Heller vs DC. It applies to the Constitution of the land.

SCJ Anthony Scalia: "The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms... The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed’.”

All 'instruments'... not only firearms or handguns in general. ARMS! The 2A never specified 'firearms'. ARMS! Swords, knives, poleaxes... whatever. Bearable arms. The tools of self defense. 'Shall not be infringed." That's self-explanitory.

You north easterners are all about 'Civil Rights' when it suits your agenda. Many of these 'Rights' are not actual rights at all. This one IS. New Jersey has been in violation of the Constitution for so long y'all think it's 'normal'.

Ya know what I do when I get dressed in the morning? I strap on a gun belt with a loaded/chambered 1911-A1 .45acp pistol. I do that because I take personal responsibility for my own safety and that of my family. I carry this sidearm openly everywhere it's otherwise not prohibited. It's personal insurance. I have a CWP 'Permit' to carry concealed. Not to 'carry'... but to conceal it while doing so.

Section 2, Article 26, Arizona Constitution: "The right of the individual to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state shall not be impared."

How come Arizona (and other states) can abide by the Law of the Land and New Jersey cannot? Why is that? Why do you allow it to continue?Mr. Waller is the victim of a Police State here. Understand that? Does that matter?

Thundar

imported post

Flintlock Quote:
...is charged with possessing weapons ranging from a BB gun to assault rifles....

.....or why he allegedly owned so many weapons....

...failing to register assault weapons..., an MAK-90 7.62-caliber assault firearm and a Russian-made SKS-45 assault firearm, two double-barreled shotguns, two 12-gauge shotguns and a Browning rifle...
Reasonable restrictions, huh? BB gun possession = gun crime (felony)The real damn crime here is that the people of N.J. let this happen.