• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GFL

rmodel65

imported post

i got a question, i got my GFl and ive seen pics of others license on the net. they have a red stamp on theirs what is the red stamp for and why dont i have it.

Ravenbear

imported post

Depends on the county, the red stamp is the county seal, my first carry permit that I got 20 plus years ago and the one have now have a pressed county seal both of which I got in Clarke County.
Now I live in the People's Republic of Fulton so I am all a twitter as the time approaches for me to renew to see what kinda a crap they drag me through.:banghead:

smash29

imported post

Ravenbear wrote:
Glad to be of help..

How long did it take Fulton Co to get you your GFL after you applied?
In my case it was 5 weeks to the day from application to arrival in the mail. Considering all that I had heard about Fulton County and the GFL it was pretty painless.

alfsauve

imported post

I just got mine back from Cobb County. Took 7 weeks. Applied on 3/28 and they issued it 5/15. Got it in the mail on 5/17.

Cobb's pretty easy. You pay one time $42.50 to the probate court and that covers the application and the fingerprints. While the court and the fingerprinter are in different buildings they're connected by the security atrium so it's all in one general area. (Across the hall and down one flight of stairs.)

This is the third time I've gone through the process. Once, in 1977, in Dekalb and this the second time in Cobb.

exgabrit

imported post

I have a GFL from Fulton county, I'm going to be moving temporarily within Fulton county for a few months, do I need to update my GFL with new address so it matches my DL ?

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

exgabrit wrote:
I have a GFL from Fulton county, I'm going to be moving temporarily within Fulton county for a few months, do I need to update my GFL with new address so it matches my DL ?
No. It is good until it expires no matter where you move. Fulton County will change the address for you if it makes you feel better, and there is a nominal charge for this service.