• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greensboro area OC get together

Kivuli

imported post

Right now we're tossing around Friday, May 30th at a place in Kernersville off of I-40 called Prissy Polly's BBQ. They close at 8 PM I believe, so it'd have to start around 6 PM.

Another thought is, unless someone picks up yonder's torch, we could relocate that get-together to here in Greensboro. Wednesday, May the 21st, at any of the non-alcoholic diners, golden corral, ihops, etc. This one could start later to accomodate more of us. What do you guys who can make either of them think?

Weak 9mm

imported post

I will try to make this, as long as I have a vehicle that can make it that far in a trustworthy manner. I will know today if one of them is good to go, so I think I'll be OK to drive the 90 or so miles there. It does appear that the Raleigh meet has failed, so don't let this one fail too! I like BBQ, so that's another good reason for me to go.

Kivuli

imported post

Lunch isn't likely for me, as my boss doesn't want us to carry on the company vehicles. They close at 8:30 now, however, as I just ate there yesterday, so 6:30 or 7:00 could be possible if we don't mind heading somewhere afterwards.

Also, idjit that I am, I cannot be there on Friday as I'll be headed to Virginia for the weekend. So it's either tomorrow evening at 6:30 to 7:00, or reschedule for after the Memorial Day weekend. Respond if you can, else I'll just choose one later tonight.

Kivuli

imported post

Alright, I'll bet such short notice isn't going to work so let's reschedule our get-together for after the memorial day weekend. Can anyone who is planning to attend NOT make Saturday, June 7th?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Saturday is out for me. Going camping. weekdays are best for me as weekends my wife wants me around (I used to think she just wanted me to do things, now I realize she actually likes me).

Weak 9mm

imported post

Thursday would work for me.

.40 Cal:

If your appointments are booked on Friday do you mean you can attend?

Weak 9mm

imported post

Well, today is June the 5th, so I don't know how it went because we haven't met up yet.

Are we still thinking about meeting today? If so, who is going?