• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Here

gsx1138

imported post

I realized a bit too late that I jumped into a thread without the obligatory "Hi, I'm new thread of my own."

So here's the rundown.

I live in Bremerton. One wife (damn laws ;), 2 daughter, decent job but back in school.

I carry a XD45 which I recently had some Truglo Tritium sights put on. As I found out at the range yesterday it hasn't improved my aim at all. But I can easily see the front sight now which is a good thing.

Open Carry: I don't usually but I've got no problem with those that do. However, if I'm going to the range I prefer to have my holster on the outside.

I'm really just here to get educated. I've only recently started back up with firearms but I think education is just as important as range time.

Here's my Myspace (yeah, I'm an old dude with a Myspace page):

www.myspace.com/yngvar

G27

imported post

Welcome, welcome! Nice to see more and more people from Kitsap county. I think the word is spreading better than the east side. ;) haha. Best way to go about getting educated is by reading past posts and if you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. Hopefully we can get a small group of people over here to meet up sometime. Weather sure is gettin' nice.

Bear 45/70

imported post

thcid_C98274DE-BC24-4FC2-AE56-6BB4.gif
Oh yeah, you aren't old by any definition of the word.:D

gsx1138

imported post

Well I somewhat open carried today at the Armed Forces parade in downtown Bremerton. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD. It was hot as hell out there and I had to wear shorts and a tank top. I also threw a haiwaiin (sp) shirt over the top.

In my infinite wisdom I put some skateboard grip tape on my pistol for the hot days and sweaty palms. It works great but now the grip tape rubs against my side when I conceal so I have to put a shirt between the handle of the gun and my body. Getting constantly sand papered in the side while I walk sucks. Anyway, I took off my shirt at one point with the grip of the pistol quite visible. The army guys walking around noticed but didn't say anything and I think most were just totally oblivious.

Either way, nothing happened but I was still nervous. I didn't want any undo attention especially with my daughters in tow.

G27

imported post

I'd definitely recommend getting something with serious retention, especially forcrowded situations.Blackhawk holsters are very good and reliable holsters for the XD. Sportman's has them for around 40$. Either than that, good job! Way to spread the word, brother.

t3rmin

imported post

It seems we have a lot of motorcycle riders here!

I've got a '85 Suzuki GS700E -- a predecessor to your GSX.

t3rmin

imported post

By the way, I'm quite happy with my $10 WalMart belt. I went to the belt rack and found the stiffest one in the style I wanted and it works great OWB or IWB.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I realized a bit too late that I jumped into a thread without the obligatory "Hi, I'm new thread of my own."

So here's the rundown.

I live in Bremerton. One wife (damn laws ;), 2 daughter, decent job but back in school.

I carry a XD45 which I recently had some Truglo Tritium sights put on. As I found out at the range yesterday it hasn't improved my aim at all. But I can easily see the front sight now which is a good thing.

Open Carry: I don't usually but I've got no problem with those that do. However, if I'm going to the range I prefer to have my holster on the outside.

I'm really just here to get educated. I've only recently started back up with firearms but I think education is just as important as range time.

http://www.myspace.com/yngvar

No special sights will improve your aim. It has to do with trigger control, your eyesand grip.

Front sight
Front sight
Front sight

Welcome to the board.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

So here's the rundown.

No special sights will improve your aim. It has to do with trigger control, your eyesand grip.

Front sight
Front sight
Front sight

Welcome to the board.
Hey BS, who died and made you the firearms expert? This is the second time you have made totally erroneous statement about firearms.

thewise1

imported post

Welcome! Always good to see more people join.

Now, if I may say so in as friendly a way as possible... worst myspace ever!

You should seriously consider placing solid or at least muted picture backgrounds behind any text, and create contrast between the text and the background so that you can actually see the words. As an example - http://www.myspace.com/anbro

Anyway, in spite of my pet peeve with your myspace (and about a million others like it), again - welcome! :)

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

So here's the rundown.

Front sight
Front sight
Front sight

Welcome to the board.
Hey BS, who died and made you the firearms expert? This is the second time you have made totally erroneous statement about firearms.
Stop forum trolling.

uncoolperson

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Actually I just bought one from Cabella's right after I posted that. :celebrate

Now I need to find a decent belt. My Crossbreed already strains my current belt.
look into a beltman belt... happy as heck with my sharkskin

Bear 45/70

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

So here's the rundown.

Front sight
Front sight
Front sight

Welcome to the board.
Stop forum trolling.
The only troll is you giving people incorrect info about gun topics. But then Vegas was alway full of BS artists.