Thread: law clarification please

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

BeforeI get questioned by LEO I want to know my rights and not get thown under the bus

Hello allis there any law that says a CCP holder can OC loaded? I know there is 76-10-505 that says unless autorized by law you cant but where does it say a CCP is autorized to do so? I also know about HB-734 that passed that says you can, but is that enough, and if it passed is it incorporated into a law?

Maybe I'm missing it reading over it or not at all. I've read some people have said if there is not a law that says you cant do something means that you can

thanks

Joe

Post imported post

usSiR wrote:
    Before¬*I get questioned by LEO I want to know my rights and not get thown under the bus¬*

Hello all¬*is there any law that says a CCP holder can OC loaded? I know there is 76-10-505 that says unless autorized by law you cant but where does it say a CCP is autorized to do so? I also know about HB-734 that passed that says you can, but is that enough, and if it passed is it incorporated into a law?

Maybe I'm missing it reading over it or not at all. I've read some people have said if there is not a law that says you cant do something means that you can

¬*

thanks

Joe
    There is no law that says you can't.

A permit holder is exempted from the law that says you can't carry a loaded gun. It is silenr abou open or concealed.

There is a law about concealed without a permit.

I have a recording, on my phone of the AG stating it is legal.

I travel to SLC often on business and so I got it from a guy at utahconcealdcarry.com.

Talk to one of the Utah guys and they can help you.

Tarzan

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    I have a recording, on my phonen of the AG stating it is legal.
    I have the same as well,I guess i didnt miss anything since it was not in print.

thanks for the reply

Post imported post

76-10-523 is the one that exempts CFP holders from other gun laws -- specifically parts of 76-10-504 and 505.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    76-10-523 is the one that exempts CFP holders from other gun laws -- specifically parts of 76-10-504 and 505.
    hey thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

I knew I should have read that one while looking over the others, I even read the the title of that one, dont know why I didnt read it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here is a copy of the two laws side by side. I have it printed out and folded in my wallet next to the good old redbar (cfp). Still waiting for the ignorant fool to make a fuss about my right so that I can show them the law, rather than quote it to them.
    Attached Files Attached Files