• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

law clarification please

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BeforeI get questioned by LEO I want to know my rights and not get thown under the bus

Hello allis there any law that says a CCP holder can OC loaded? I know there is 76-10-505 that says unless autorized by law you cant but where does it say a CCP is autorized to do so? I also know about HB-734 that passed that says you can, but is that enough, and if it passed is it incorporated into a law?

Maybe I'm missing it reading over it or not at all. I've read some people have said if there is not a law that says you cant do something means that you can

thanks

Joe

tarzan1888

imported post

usSiR wrote:
Before I get questioned by LEO I want to know my rights and not get thown under the bus 

Hello all is there any law that says a CCP holder can OC loaded? I know there is 76-10-505 that says unless autorized by law you cant but where does it say a CCP is autorized to do so? I also know about HB-734 that passed that says you can, but is that enough, and if it passed is it incorporated into a law?

Maybe I'm missing it reading over it or not at all. I've read some people have said if there is not a law that says you cant do something means that you can

thanks

Joe

There is no law that says you can't.

A permit holder is exempted from the law that says you can't carry a loaded gun. It is silenr abou open or concealed.

There is a law about concealed without a permit.

I have a recording, on my phone of the AG stating it is legal.

I travel to SLC often on business and so I got it from a guy at utahconcealdcarry.com.

Talk to one of the Utah guys and they can help you.

Tarzan

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
I have a recording, on my phonen of the AG stating it is legal.

I have the same as well,I guess i didnt miss anything since it was not in print.

thanks for the reply

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
76-10-523 is the one that exempts CFP holders from other gun laws -- specifically parts of 76-10-504 and 505.

hey thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

I knew I should have read that one while looking over the others, I even read the the title of that one, dont know why I didnt read it.

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here is a copy of the two laws side by side. I have it printed out and folded in my wallet next to the good old redbar (cfp). Still waiting for the ignorant fool to make a fuss about my right so that I can show them the law, rather than quote it to them.

Attachments

• Open Carry Loaded.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 183