Thread: Misc - LMS Defense

Post imported post

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote: Here is one of the comments..
    "I open carry every day at work. It does nothing but draw attention. When I walk next store to a convenience store to grab some water EVERY person in the store is aware that I am wearing a gun. Bad guys are not deterred by open carry and this video clearly reaffirms that. Outside of work I always carry concealed."
    This person should speak for himself.Every poll from prisoners that has come out that I have seen, overwhelmingly confirms that the #1 thing they are concerned about when commiting crimes is an armed citizen.But I can only speak for myself as Ihave never had any crimes happenright infrom of me when I was OCing.IOC'ed in front of more than 50 people on a hikingtrail today and I could see that only about three people even noticed and nobody even blinked an eye. Additionally, one other guy was OCing as well. People are generally oblivious to their surroundings, IMO.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

There's a very interesting video at LMS on that thread to watch. Basically, it's a gun snatch from a hip holster. If you are OC with a hip holster, you really should have at least a level 2 or above security holster. It's irresponsible to carry on your hip otherwise.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Loneviking wrote:
    There's a very interesting video at LMS on that thread to watch. Basically, it's a gun snatch from a hip holster. If you are OC with a hip holster, you really should have at least a level 2 or above security holster. It's irresponsible to carry on your hip otherwise.
    I wonder if its a matter of irresponsibility, or a matter of knowing what level you've got and being attentive.

For example, by one logic, once a Level VIII comes out, its irresponsible to have less than a VII.

Or, because lasers exist, its irresponsible not to have one because you might miss with open sights where you might have hit with a laser.

No, I don't think I'll go along with assigning irresponsibility based on the availability of something. The anti-s used that logic to try to hang a gun manufacturer. Something like "no magazine disconnect = culpable". Since other gun companies used magazine disconnectors, it was irresponsible for this one particular manufacturer not to have designed one into their gun.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

That's why I don't OC on the street with tension only holsters.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

A bad guy could come up behind you and smack you in the head with a baseball bat or grab your arms.Then it won't matter what kind of holster you have. He's got your gun. What I mean is you can always come up with unlikely scenariosto suite an agenda. There are risks to OC, there are risks to CC, and there are risks to not carrying. There are also real life stories to go along with those risks. Pick what is right for you and be as alert as you can.

Post imported post

Gun grabs are why you need this holster.... I however will stick to my Serpa.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Now that is real high security. Combo lock and keys as well.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    I've had LOTS of crimes happen right in front of me. ALL of them were commited by criminals wearing government issued uniforms, guns and badges.
    Ouch!

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:
    Now that is real high security. Combo lock and keys as well.
    Actually... the keys are used to allow you to change the combination.

And the lock can easily be opened using a piece of metal or plastic to feel the drops in the wheels.