• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OCing tonight!

smash29

imported post

Stopped by Target tonight for a few thingsafterI finally found a shop that carried a Serpa for my USP Compact.Wasn't really planning on OCing (itonly crossed my mind as I pulled into he parking lot) but now that have a relatively secure holster I figuredtonight was as good a time as any to give it a go. Other than a couple nitwitssnickering as I walked byit was seemingly a non-event, at least for everyone else in the store. Me, I was just a tad nervous! :uhoh:

Anyway, just had to tell somebody about it!

Flintlock

imported post

Congratulations on exercising your civil rights and thank you for helping to preserve freedom. :cool:

May you always have your firearm with you,but may you never need it.

Ravenbear

imported post

When I first got my GFL when I turned 21 some 20 plus years ago the only time I carried concealed was in the winter when I wore a jacket most of the time and when I was ridding my motorcycle for the same reason. There really were not many comfortable rigs to carry concealed then. And the only time anyone had a problem with it was at the local mall and all they said was it was there policy not to allow anyone but LEO to carry weapons. So all I did was go get my jacket cover my S&W up. (still have it after 20+ years:cool:).
The only and I mean the only reason today I do not carry open is because my wife does not want the hassle( and if she is not happy no one is:p) if someone has a issue with it. I have the tack of a 100lbs anvil and would be more than happy to have someone press the issue.
I carry everywhere I go and after living in Tucker for a year I am glad I do.

Glad it went well for you and kudos for having the guts to carry open. Welcome to the club all us other "gun nuts" welcome you.

exgabrit

imported post

Hey good job !

wonder why some people snigger ? bit childish me thinks.

I've yet to OC in direct public, just gas stations and parking deck of soon to be ex-wifes apartment building.