Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Question - What Ever Happened To?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    20

    Post imported post

    http://www.packing.org

    One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    NervisRek wrote:
    http://www.packing.org

    One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.
    The guy who ran Packing.org went on to other things. Try www.handgunlaw.us for your legal fix - INHO even better than pdo.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    NervisRek wrote:
    http://www.packing.org

    One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.
    I was a member from almost the very start of the site.

    When Mark Solomon went to law school he put the site on sort of auto pilot.

    That was the beginning of the end.

    The rating system, trolls and a lot of in-fighting, coupled with server problems finally killed the site.


    Tarzan

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    114

    Post imported post

    I used to post there a lot as well. The rating system was kind of weird, but I was sad to see that site go.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    NervisRek wrote:
    http://www.packing.org

    One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.
    The title of your post is frustrating and annoying. Please retitle it so that it gives some kind of an idea of what this thread is about.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    I was also sorry to see the degradation and eventual departure of PDO. I was lurking there originally as many asten years ago and it was the first2nd amendmentchatforum I ever beganfrequenting.

    I drank a cup of coffee this morning out of my PDO mug that I bought a few years ago. I always loved the logo.

    Maybe after Mark graduates from law school and gets settled, he will start it back up again. Hopefully, without a rating system..
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    Try www.usacarry.com - it is similar and has some nice reciprocity maps, too.

  8. #8
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    expvideo wrote:
    The title of your post is frustrating and annoying. Please retitle it so that it gives some kind of an idea of what this thread is about.
    I hate these type of posts as well......


    Handgunlaw.us
    One issue I have found for the Washington section is the section about Indian Reservations and requesting permission from the Tribal Judge. This is not a requirement for Washington. I was informed by the Tribal Judge for the Makah Reservation (Neah Bay, WA) that there is nothing in the Revised Code of Washington or the Makah Law and Order Code for him to fulfill my request. He then turned me over to the Chief of Police who told me to stop by and present a copy of my CPL & Drivers License that he will file, then I can carry on the reservation.


  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    M1Gunr wrote:
    expvideo wrote:
    The title of your post is frustrating and annoying. Please retitle it so that it gives some kind of an idea of what this thread is about.
    I hate these type of posts as well......


    Handgunlaw.us
    One issue I have found for the Washington section is the section about Indian Reservations and requesting permission from the Tribal Judge. This is not a requirement for Washington. I was informed by the Tribal Judge for the Makah Reservation (Neah Bay, WA) that there is nothing in the Revised Code of Washington or the Makah Law and Order Code for him to fulfill my request. He then turned me over to the Chief of Police who told me to stop by and present a copy of my CPL & Drivers License that he will file, then I can carry on the reservation.
    Why? You can carry on the reservation anyway. You don't need their police chief's permission.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •