Thread: Question - What Ever Happened To?

Post imported post

http://www.packing.org

One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.

Post imported post

NervisRek wrote:

One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.
    The guy who ran Packing.org went on to other things. Try www.handgunlaw.us for your legal fix - INHO even better than pdo.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

NervisRek wrote:

I was a member from almost the very start of the site.

When Mark Solomon went to law school he put the site on sort of auto pilot.

That was the beginning of the end.

The rating system, trolls and a lot of in-fighting, coupled with server problems finally killed the site.

Tarzan

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I used to post there a lot as well. The rating system was kind of weird, but I was sad to see that site go.

Post imported post

NervisRek wrote:

The title of your post is frustrating and annoying. Please retitle it so that it gives some kind of an idea of what this thread is about.

Post imported post

I was also sorry to see the degradation and eventual departure of PDO. I was lurking there originally as many asten years ago and it was the first2nd amendmentchatforum I ever beganfrequenting.

I drank a cup of coffee this morning out of my PDO mug that I bought a few years ago. I always loved the logo.

Maybe after Mark graduates from law school and gets settled, he will start it back up again. Hopefully, without a rating system..
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Try www.usacarry.com - it is similar and has some nice reciprocity maps, too.

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    The title of your post is frustrating and annoying. Please retitle it so that it gives some kind of an idea of what this thread is about.
    I hate these type of posts as well......

Handgunlaw.us
    One issue I have found for the Washington section is the section about Indian Reservations and requesting permission from the Tribal Judge. This is not a requirement for Washington. I was informed by the Tribal Judge for the Makah Reservation (Neah Bay, WA) that there is nothing in the Revised Code of Washington or the Makah Law and Order Code for him to fulfill my request. He then turned me over to the Chief of Police who told me to stop by and present a copy of my CPL & Drivers License that he will file, then I can carry on the reservation.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    expvideo wrote:
    I hate these type of posts as well......

Handgunlaw.us
    One issue I have found for the Washington section is the section about Indian Reservations and requesting permission from the Tribal Judge. This is not a requirement for Washington. I was informed by the Tribal Judge for the Makah Reservation (Neah Bay, WA) that there is nothing in the Revised Code of Washington or the Makah Law and Order Code for him to fulfill my request. He then turned me over to the Chief of Police who told me to stop by and present a copy of my CPL & Drivers License that he will file, then I can carry on the reservation.
    Why? You can carry on the reservation anyway. You don't need their police chief's permission.