• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question - What Ever Happened To?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NervisRek wrote:
http://www.packing.org

One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.

The guy who ran Packing.org went on to other things. Try www.handgunlaw.us for your legal fix - INHO even better than pdo.

stay safe.

skidmark

tarzan1888

imported post

NervisRek wrote:

One day I went to the site and it had totally disappeared. With the combination of this site and packing.org there wasn't a question about carrying a firearm that couldn't be answered. Sure do miss it.

I was a member from almost the very start of the site.

When Mark Solomon went to law school he put the site on sort of auto pilot.

That was the beginning of the end.

The rating system, trolls and a lot of in-fighting, coupled with server problems finally killed the site.

Tarzan

expvideo

imported post

NervisRek wrote:

The title of your post is frustrating and annoying. Please retitle it so that it gives some kind of an idea of what this thread is about.

Flintlock

imported post

I was also sorry to see the degradation and eventual departure of PDO. I was lurking there originally as many asten years ago and it was the first2nd amendmentchatforum I ever beganfrequenting.

I drank a cup of coffee this morning out of my PDO mug that I bought a few years ago. I always loved the logo.

Maybe after Mark graduates from law school and gets settled, he will start it back up again. Hopefully, without a rating system..

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

expvideo wrote:
The title of your post is frustrating and annoying. Please retitle it so that it gives some kind of an idea of what this thread is about.
I hate these type of posts as well......

Handgunlaw.us
One issue I have found for the Washington section is the section about Indian Reservations and requesting permission from the Tribal Judge. This is not a requirement for Washington. I was informed by the Tribal Judge for the Makah Reservation (Neah Bay, WA) that there is nothing in the Revised Code of Washington or the Makah Law and Order Code for him to fulfill my request. He then turned me over to the Chief of Police who told me to stop by and present a copy of my CPL & Drivers License that he will file, then I can carry on the reservation.

expvideo

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
expvideo wrote:
I hate these type of posts as well......

Handgunlaw.us
One issue I have found for the Washington section is the section about Indian Reservations and requesting permission from the Tribal Judge. This is not a requirement for Washington. I was informed by the Tribal Judge for the Makah Reservation (Neah Bay, WA) that there is nothing in the Revised Code of Washington or the Makah Law and Order Code for him to fulfill my request. He then turned me over to the Chief of Police who told me to stop by and present a copy of my CPL & Drivers License that he will file, then I can carry on the reservation.
Why? You can carry on the reservation anyway. You don't need their police chief's permission.