• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Scranton Times-Tribune Attacks both open carry and "The Dickson Dozen"

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Hit one button and inadvertently made 2 posts ... apparently now the BATFE is going to seize my computer and charge me with manufacturing a "machine laptop".

:lol:

:uhoh:

:(

Anyhow, it's funny that racism is being brought up here, because it was brought up by a PAFOA member at the city council meeting, and the subjects of Dickson City were not at all impressed by the connection...

tracylaud83

imported post

Easy to say.

I'm from a town not to far from there.

My wife, when we go "Home to PA", Never leaves my side. No she is not white, and not all of my family has accepeted her yet. But it's only been 22 years of marrage so far, so their is still hope on our part.....

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Tracylaud83, it's not racism, or skin color. I've been living here for 13 years and we're just now starting to be considered as locals. When I was elected as Borough Council President, we heard via the grapevine that the Outsiders were taking over the town.

tracylaud83

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Tracylaud83, it's not racism, or skin color. I've been living here for 13 years and we're just now starting to be considered as locals. When I was elected as Borough Council President, we heard via the grapevine that the Outsiders were taking over the town.

That will make my Chinese wife , and our 5 kids feel better.

It's not that your different honey, it's , well, it's, ah, Your NEW.

That's it........ Even tho youve been married 20+ years, and have 5 kids, She's just toooooo NEW........

Riiiiiiiiiight

imperialism2024

imported post

After reading some of those comments on the story from people who think that open carry is evil/childish, and who insist on denigrating OCers, I think I've been completely persuaded to OC at least two matching guns on any occasion. Possibly sawed-off shotguns, if I decide to play along with the BATFE.

Take that, [descriptive but derogatory word]! :cool: