• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love AZ

Armed4Life

imported post

Went to the Panda Express this afternnoon to pick upsome lunch to go for the wife and baby. Saw a Maricopa cruiser out front as I was walking in the door. AMPDofficer in the midst of enjoying his Mandarin chicken (or duck...who knows) looks up, sees the sidearm and goes right back to eating. (Note: this was my first OC non-encounter with therecently formed Maricopa Police Department) Gotta love AZ.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
SNIP Went to the Panda Express this afternnoon to pick upsome lunch to go for the wife and baby.
Glad it went, well.

That is if you're telling usjust because you're happy, and relaying it to others so they know its safe.

If you're bragging, I hope you got anominous fortune cookie. :)

Armed4Life

imported post

Citizen,

Given that most postings on this board are about bad OC experiences (e.g. Dickson City), just wanted to emphasize how the good onesshould go.Been OCing for almost a year now...no need to brag.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
Citizen,

Given that most postings on this board are about bad OC experiences (e.g. Dickson City), just wanted to emphasize how the good onesshould go.Been OCing for almost a year now...no need to brag.
I understand. Glad to hear things aresmooth in AZ.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think I would be more worried about the food @ Panda Express in the copa killing me than worrying bout a guy with a gun there if I were the police.. LOL!!!

Basha's has much better Chinese food.

Armed4Life

imported post

We prefer Fry's over Basha's. Basha's used to have a sign up about limiting carry to permit holders. Once I saw that, never went back. Besides, where else can you get your groceries, buy some artwork, and furnish your home all at the same time. :?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
Went to the Panda Express this afternnoon to pick upsome lunch to go for the wife and baby. Saw a Maricopa cruiser out front as I was walking in the door. AMPDofficer in the midst of enjoying his Mandarin chicken (or duck...who knows) looks up, sees the sidearm and goes right back to eating. (Note: this was my first OC non-encounter with therecently formed Maricopa Police Department) Gotta love AZ.

I have considered AZ due to the "understanding" folks concerning OCing, but I keep on staying here in Utah due to the fact that the firearms laws are less restrictive here. For example, I can OC/CC in a bar/club when I go out which I can't do in AZ:X.

TJ

protector84

imported post

OC also tells me that a person is actually not a threat. For instance, not too long ago there was this character at a nightclub that seemed a bit shady. I noticed that he had a knife on him that was clipped on and completely visible which is legal in bars unless the bar itself prohibits it. That actually caused me to be less concerned because for someoneto carry openly tells me that they are being honest about their intentions, know the laws, and have nothing to hide. Even though I know they have a weapon, if they were up to something they probably would have it concealed. One of the Starbucks employees told me that they like the fact that I OC instead of CC because they know that I have nothing to hide and my intentions are clear. This person said they tend to get nervous when they know someone is packing concealed either by having an unusual lump in their shirt or a pants pocket that is excessively weighted down. You know they are carrying but you cannot possibly know their intentions. Concealed carry really isn't concealed to an alert observer. I can easily scan someone to see if they are likely to have a weapon. Even if they are carrying on their ankle you can see that the wrinkles and creases in the jeans on that leg do not match the ones in the other pant leg. While your average Joe won't look for this or notice, it still really isn't concealed because a trained person can still tell. It seems suspicious to try to hide something that isn't really concealable rather than just being open about it.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

protector84 wrote:
OC also tells me that a person is actually not a threat. For instance, not too long ago there was this character at a nightclub that seemed a bit shady. I noticed that he had a knife on him that was clipped on and completely visible which is legal in bars unless the bar itself prohibits it. That actually caused me to be less concerned because for someoneto carry openly tells me that they are being honest about their intentions, know the laws, and have nothing to hide. Even though I know they have a weapon, if they were up to something they probably would have it concealed. One of the Starbucks employees told me that they like the fact that I OC instead of CC because they know that I have nothing to hide and my intentions are clear. This person said they tend to get nervous when they know someone is packing concealed either by having an unusual lump in their shirt or a pants pocket that is excessively weighted down. You know they are carrying but you cannot possibly know their intentions. Concealed carry really isn't concealed to an alert observer. I can easily scan someone to see if they are likely to have a weapon. Even if they are carrying on their ankle you can see that the wrinkles and creases in the jeans on that leg do not match the ones in the other pant leg. While your average Joe won't look for this or notice, it still really isn't concealed because a trained person can still tell. It seems suspicious to try to hide something that isn't really concealable rather than just being open about it.

I agree with you on all points especially on "OC also tells me that a person is actually not a threat". This is something that I try to tell "civilians" as well as LEO's

TJ

Armed4Life

imported post

UTOC-45-44,
That's my biggest complaint about AZ.....the no carry in alcohol establishments. But its certainly better than NJ or CA where I've spent most of my life.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
UTOC-45-44,
That's my biggest complaint about AZ.....the no carry in alcohol establishments. But its certainly better than NJ or CA where I've spent most of my life.

Absolutely 100% correct.

Welcome to freedom out of communistic type governing states where freedom does NOT exist.

Hope to see visit you visit Utah soon Armed4Life, some Miller time on me, or a Brewster, whichever is you preference.

TJ

Michigander

imported post

On the topic of the original post, last night I was out jogging, wearing no shirt, and as always lately open carrying. I saw 4 cops, none of whom gave the slightest bit of attention to me or my carrying a pistol. Arizona is awesome.:)

In Michigan you get ready for a real debacle whenever you see a cop. It's a refreshing change.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
We prefer Fry's over Basha's. Basha's used to have a sign up about limiting carry to permit holders. Once I saw that, never went back. Besides, where else can you get your groceries, buy some artwork, and furnish your home all at the same time. :?

The sign is still up there. I OCed in Basha's and was asked about it. I showed the guy my CCW. Told him I know your policy and I rather OC than CC. He had to run out and re-read their sign. Yes Fry's is the best one stop shop next to driving out to Walmart.

GWbiker

imported post

Went to Patagonia this afternoon and had lunch with some friends at Stage Stop restaurant. Saw three bikers at a nearby table who were OC. Two people at another table also OC. No other patrons freaked out or called 911.

Life went on...... I love Arizona. :cool:

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Was in Sedona last week. OC'd just about everywhere, including red rock climbing. Fun. Nobody cares, including cops. I think an old couple from California called Sedona cops on me at the airport where many go to take scenic pictures. The cops probably lectured the couple that what I was doing was O.K., but never approached me, althoughI made it a point to walk by them on my way back to my car. I saw the couple step out of a CA car, look at me funny, act mysteriously when cops arrived (cops were there 5 mins after I got there....pretty good response for not even making contact with me...hehe...love it in A.Z.).

GWbiker

imported post

Did some chores around Tucson today. Took the motorcycle and decided to OC. Got a fewevil stares from female motorists (Hillary supporters?) and received some thumbs up from male drivers. Went into Wally-mart of Kolb for cheap ammo. No evilstares, no screamsand no mass hysteria from fellow shoppers. Went into Beyond Bread on Speedway to use free Wii-fi. Got the same usual reaction from people there -- Oh look, man with a gun,Oh wait, this is Arizona!!

I love Arizona. :cool:

Michigander

imported post

0oTo put in a different perspective, I feel almost guilty having left Michigan. I quit fighting the good fight for OC to move to where it never was taken out of style. But oh well, it sure is nice not having to worry about getting arrested every time you see a cop.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Don't feel bad leaving...I left northern Indiana for the same reasons...not so much bad laws, but instead bad attitudes from the cops and people I would meet. Damn liberal college towns....