• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What about Any Other Weapons?

Agent 47

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
...but now he's asking for a specific situation where it's been a problem.

Well, I suppose I could just head down to the range, side up next to any LEO who is in there shootingand let loose with my silenced .45. Bet that would get him the "problem" he needs.

:what::p :uhoh:

kparker

imported post

Agent 47, a serious question about your earlier statement:

...many people and LEO's couldn't tell the difference between an AOW and a SBS...

Well, if part of the determination of this is how it left the factory, then the only way to be really sure is by examining the paperwork, right? Or am I missing something?

Agent 47

imported post

kparker wrote:
Agent 47, a serious question about your earlier statement:

...many people and LEO's couldn't tell the difference between an AOW and a SBS...

Well, if part of the determination of this is how it left the factory, then the only way to be really sure is by examining the paperwork, right? Or am I missing something?
No, what I am saying is most LEO's would look at a AOW and automatically assume it is a SBS and would refuse to hear anything to the contrary. I have had responses like this from cops when they see my silencers.

expvideo

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
John Hardin wrote:
...but now he's asking for a specific situation where it's been a problem.

Well, I suppose I could just head down to the range, side up next to any LEO who is in there shootingand let loose with my silenced .45. Bet that would get him the "problem" he needs.

:what::p :uhoh:
Let me add on to your great idea. Next time one of the police departments is shooting suppressed weapons at the range, get one of the bays next to them and start firing your suppressed .45. Get a video recording of the whole incident and see how well that goes. I bet that would be the best way to get the case ruling in our favor. Imagine having a video of an LEO pausing shooting his suppressed weapon to arrest you for shooting yours! That would be the absolute best evidence we could have to get the case ruling the way that we want it.

Agent 47

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Let me add on to your great idea. Next time one of the police departments is shooting suppressed weapons at the range, get one of the bays next to them and start firing your suppressed .45. Get a video recording of the whole incident and see how well that goes. I bet that would be the best way to get the case ruling in our favor. Imagine having a video of an LEO pausing shooting his suppressed weapon to arrest you for shooting yours! That would be the absolute best evidence we could have to get the case ruling the way that we want it.

That would be awesome!! :celebrate

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Krinkovliu wrote:
Guys:

I am not going to get into a lengthy discussion about the legality of an Any Other Weapon. However, I leave you with this:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/opinion.aspx?section=archive&id=14312

This is the opinion/ruling of the current AG which distinguishes between short barrel shotguns, which are illegal, and any other weapons which are legal.

I would suggest that if you have any questions call Wades Eastside Guns in Bellevue which is a class 3 dealer and which offers any other weapons for sale. Also, at a recent Puyullup gun show Discount Guns had a Serbu shorty for sale for which requires a $5 transfer fee (NFA).

If you want to continue to believe that this is illegal be my guest. I will continue to add to my NFA collection by buying more Any Other Weapons.

I believe that anyone who wishes to buy a short barrel Any Other Weapon to go through the proper channels (e.g., completing ATF Form 4, checking with local law enforcement...) and find out for himself whether the firearm is illegal in Washington State. As I said, I have two ATF approved transfers of Any Other Weapons plus a silencer all in Washington State in the past decade.
I'm aware of this letter. I was pointing out that certain modified shotguns may be illegal in this state...

If you care to take my statements beyond their intent, be my guest.
OTOH, I expect this sort of "f--- you" mindset from the Class III and AOW group.