Thread: OC at Esther Short Park

Post imported post

Open carried at Esther Short Park and the Vancouver Farmers Market today. My wife and I and our almost 2 1/2 year old daughter met up with some of my wifes friends. We spent about two hours there with the bulk of the time on the packed playground where I followed my daughter around making sure she didn't get hurt.

I talked to a couple of other people about kid stuff and no one ran screaming in terror What a miracle.

The more I OC the more I realize that the vast majority of people really don't have a problem with firearms carried in a peaceful manner. A few days ago I was at a different park and a woman told me that she felt safer knowing there was an armed 'good-guy' there, even though I wasn't a leo.

Post imported post

Well, atleast she supported your right to OC.And actually said she felt more safe!It could have easily gone another direction, especially with all the kids running around!

Cheers!

Post imported post

My three year old daughter LOVES that playground at Ester Short. I have always thought that OCing with my kids at a playground is a great way to show the folks that good people can carry guns. Maybe I'll see you at the park someday.