Thread: Request for LEO encounter pamphlet

Post imported post

I am requesting that we as a community develop a LEO encounter pamphlet. Something that includes references to laws(and cases?) that back up specific actions regarding how to react when confronted by a LEO.

Something that covers the citizens rights and responsibilies, and the officers legal actions and responsibilities. In this details about terry stops, and their requirements. And what to do when stopped by a LEO. Maybe even a tree of options. Such as if you want to talk with the LEO then do say this, and don't say that. If you don't want to talk to the LEO, then do say this, don't say this, and by all means don't do this(physically resist arrest, etc).

Any community interest in such a thing?

Post imported post

quentusrex wrote:
    I am requesting that we as a community develop a LEO encounter pamphlet. Something that includes references to laws(and cases?) that back up specific actions regarding how to react when confronted by a LEO.

Something that covers the citizens rights and responsibilies, and the officers legal actions and responsibilities. In this details about terry stops, and their requirements. And what to do when stopped by a LEO. Maybe even a tree of options. Such as if you want to talk with the LEO then do say this, and don't say that. If you don't want to talk to the LEO, then do say this, don't say this, and by all means don't do this(physically resist arrest, etc).

Any community interest in such a thing?

This is the best one that I have seen so far.

Attached Files Attached Files

Post imported post

can someone turn these .doc files into either a .pdf, or a wordpad recognizable format, i don't have a .doc file reader.

State Researcher

Post imported post

SlacK wrote:
    can someone turn these .doc files into either a .pdf, or a wordpad recognizable format, i don't have a .doc file reader.
    You should download openoffice.org It's free and is similar, if not better than M$ Office

Post imported post

I have thought about writing a LEO encounter pamphlet, but my time is just too limited to take up the effort at the moment. I'd be happy to contribute research and editing if somebody else wants to take up the cause.

Right now, the best thing you can do is search this forum for "fifth amendment" and watch the video from the law professor about interacting with police and what to say (Hint: Say nothing. Ever.). It's really quite good.

Post imported post

SlacK wrote:
    Here ya go plus this one has the Seahawks colors.

Post imported post

And here is the ORIGINAL Open Carry pamphlet for WA: