• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Request for LEO encounter pamphlet

quentusrex

imported post

I am requesting that we as a community develop a LEO encounter pamphlet. Something that includes references to laws(and cases?) that back up specific actions regarding how to react when confronted by a LEO.

Something that covers the citizens rights and responsibilies, and the officers legal actions and responsibilities. In this details about terry stops, and their requirements. And what to do when stopped by a LEO. Maybe even a tree of options. Such as if you want to talk with the LEO then do say this, and don't say that. If you don't want to talk to the LEO, then do say this, don't say this, and by all means don't do this(physically resist arrest, etc).

Any community interest in such a thing?

RiverTMasco

imported post

quentusrex wrote:
I am requesting that we as a community develop a LEO encounter pamphlet. Something that includes references to laws(and cases?) that back up specific actions regarding how to react when confronted by a LEO.

Something that covers the citizens rights and responsibilies, and the officers legal actions and responsibilities. In this details about terry stops, and their requirements. And what to do when stopped by a LEO. Maybe even a tree of options. Such as if you want to talk with the LEO then do say this, and don't say that. If you don't want to talk to the LEO, then do say this, don't say this, and by all means don't do this(physically resist arrest, etc).

Any community interest in such a thing?

This is the best one that I have seen so far.

Attachments

• Open Carry Pamphlet.doc
    79 KB · Views: 164

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

SlacK wrote:
can someone turn these .doc files into either a .pdf, or a wordpad recognizable format, i don't have a .doc file reader.
You should download openoffice.org It's free and is similar, if not better than M$ Office

grishnav

imported post

I have thought about writing a LEO encounter pamphlet, but my time is just too limited to take up the effort at the moment. I'd be happy to contribute research and editing if somebody else wants to take up the cause.

Right now, the best thing you can do is search this forum for "fifth amendment" and watch the video from the law professor about interacting with police and what to say (Hint: Say nothing. Ever.). It's really quite good.

surfj9009

imported post

And here is the ORIGINAL Open Carry pamphlet for WA:

Attachments

• Free Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 132