• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June OC Dinner for Greater Fairfax County

VApatriot

imported post

I'm just throwing out an idea fora dinnernext month. All the talk of the PA incident has really put me in the mood for a buffet style meal, soif they haven't posted yet, what do y'all think of going to the Old Country Buffet in Fairfax (might be Fairfax City). A date and time can be decided a little later if there is a good response to this idea.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Will be interesting to see if OC Buffet says anything. Supposedly their policy of No Guns Allowed as posted now in PA is a corporate policy, at least lthat is the last I heard on the subject.

But I don't know that that policy has been implemented in VA.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
I'm just throwing out an idea fora dinnernext month. All the talk of the PA incident has really put me in the mood for a buffet style meal, soif they haven't posted yet, what do y'all think of going to the Old Country Buffet in Fairfax (might be Fairfax City). A date and time can be decided a little later if there is a good response to this idea.
Ithink it' best to not organize a dinner party at this chain right now - they feel targeted due to the police misconduct in PA - let them cool off for a while.

Besides, why plan a dinner where management is on edge and has likley issued a proclamation nation wide to eject gun owners because they bring bad press. Are you trying to get noticed and ejected?

VApatriot

imported post

Mike wrote:
VApatriot wrote:
Ithink it' best to not organize a dinner party at this chain right now - they feel targeted due to the police misconduct in PA - let them cool off for a while.

Besides, why plan a dinner where management is on edge and has likley issued a proclamation nation wide to eject gun owners because they bring bad press. Are you trying to get noticed and ejected?
That's fine. This is exactly why I asked for opinions.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

We should have another picnic like the ones we had last year. Besides its easier logistically IMHO.