Thread: Close encounter at WeightWatchers

Post imported post

Well, as I mentioned at the dinner last Weds, May 14, I had a strange phone call from WeightWatchers. Apparently, my carrying a gun to the meetings and weighting in, was making some of the other clients “uncomfortable”. Well, I explained very politely that I was sorry that some people felt that way, but since there were no signs posted in the parking lot or at the location, I would continue to carry my weapon on my person. To make a long story short, they agreed that as long as I was continuing to be courteous to others, they had no problem with it at all.

Well, I to WeightWatchers the next night in full open carry (I lost another 5 lbs :celebrate) , weighted in, sat down and attended the meeting. Very few people even noticed I had a gun. The few that did, made comment on how they thought they might start to carry also. So much for being uncomfortable!!

Post imported post

goosemama wrote:
    Well, as I mentioned at the dinner last Weds, May 14, I had a strange phone call from WeightWatchers. Apparently, my carrying a gun to the meetings and weighting in, was making some of the other clients “uncomfortable”. Well, I explained very politely that I was sorry that some people felt that way, but since there were no signs posted in the parking lot or at the location, I would continue to carry my weapon on my person. To make a long story short, they agreed that as long as I was continuing to be courteous to others, they had no problem with it at all.

Well, I to WeightWatchers the next night in full open carry (I lost another 5 lbs :celebrate) , weighted in, sat down and attended the meeting. Very few people even noticed I had a gun. The few that did, made comment on how they thought they might start to carry also. So much for being uncomfortable!!

Post imported post

That's good news! Congrats on the weight loss as well -

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

goosemama wrote:
    but since there were no signs posted in the parking lot or at the location, I would continue to carry my weapon on my person.
    I know it's hard to avoid bringing up the sign issue - I have done it myself - but do try to avoid it - doing this is sort of like egging them on to post.

Post imported post

goosemama wrote:

Yeah. "poison" them 1 at a time.

Way to go goosemama:celebrate

Congrats on your weightloss. I guess Golden Corral wasn't the best place to be for your 1st OC Meet, but it was nice to see you there.

TJ

State Researcher

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    I know it's hard to avoid bringing up the sign issue - I have done it myself - but do try to avoid it - doing this is sort of like egging them on to post.
    Agreed. This is doubly so in Utah in which most signs have no legal weight at all. (The exceptions are secure areas like court rooms and the sterile area of the airport, as well as private homes and "houses of worship.")

I think it best to simply note that the owner of the property has never made a formal request that you be defensless and so you intend to continue to carry. Indeed, even a formal request cannot lead to a gun related charge, though it might lead to a trespassing charge if someone really pushed it.

You might also mention that since you did initial weigh in with the gun and ammo, it would really distort your record to start weighing in without them.

Congrats on the weight loss as well as on the positive influence on other participants.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

Good for you.

Post imported post

(I lost another 5 lbs :celebrate)
    Are you taking an extra round out every week to work the scale in your favor?

State Researcher

Post imported post

If I were weighing in, I can say for sure that I'd be disarming. That is a few extra pounds I do not need on the scale.

Post imported post

lucky you! i weighed about 127-133 when i met my fiancee 2 years ago... im 157 now LOL!!!

Post imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
    lucky you! i weighed about 127-133 when i met my fiancee 2 years ago... im 157 now LOL!!!
    LOL. I was about 125 when I met my wife, and during my years in the AFRES I never bothered taking my boots off for the annual weigh-in -- why bother when you're 50 pounds under the limit for your height?

Now, of course, my current goal is to get DOWN to 210.