Thread: Question - Gunsmith in northern VA area?

Post imported post

Subject mostly says it. I'm looking for a competent gunsmith in the northern VA area. More specifically, somewhere not too far from Loudoun County would be great. I really just need someone to sight in my gun (which, I know, I should be able to do myself, but I'm not yet convinced I don't have a trigger problem, which is why I'd prefer someone else to confirm "It's sighted," and then if I still can't shoot it straight I'll know it's me).

Anyone have any recommendations they can pass along?

Thanks,
    -Bill

Post imported post

bill_wv wrote:Anyone have any recommendations they can pass along?

Bill,

Loudoun Guns in L'burg, but if you are coming down from Charles Town, maybe drop down on 340, east on 7, cross the river, up the hill a bit on the north is Shenandoah Guns (look for the sign next to the house. the shop is in the basement); Chris might be able to help you. There is that new shop in Winchester, but they have no smith (yet).

Post imported post

Loudoun Gins does not have a gunsmith on site -- they farm out that work. They also don't have one of those sight adjustment tools (unless you count a hammer), nor a range to "sight in" a gun.

I've tried calling a few numbers I've found from an Internet search, but no luck so far finding a gunsmith in Loudoun County.