Thread: Sig Mosquito

Post imported post

I'm thinking about getting into suppressors, since my family has land in Idaho

Anyway, I like the look and feel of the Mosquito, and since I carry a P226, it seems like it would be a great plinker/training gun (especially if you want to train to deal with FTFs, FTEs, etc :P, from what I've heard).

From what I've read, it's a great little gun, so long as you don't mind feeding it good ammo instead of bulk pack. I know that a ruger or a browning are going to be more reliable, but I want a service style pistol that is bigger than a P22 and cheaper than a CZ cadet. It's just for fun anyway, so I don't mind if I have to tap and rack once in a while.

Anyway does anybody have one of these? What do you think of it?

Post imported post

i cant give you any personal advice on the sig mosquito but i've heard more negative than positive. irecently had to choose between the 2

i just purchased a P22 and put it through 1400+ rounds without cleaning. it was made this year according to the year code printed on it and i am very pleased with it.

out of those 1430 i had 7 FTF. 4 were CCI blazers . . . i only fired 30 CCI total

I fired:
    550 federal bulk from wamart had 1 FTF
    500 american eagly by federal had 2 FTF
    350 PMC Zappers no FTF VERY HOT ammo (made in mexico)

i keep the clips loaded with Zappers now.

Stripped and cleaned the gun with no problems, no unusual wear. very strong and fun gun. i read alot of bad reviews but it seems like they were all for the original P22's the newer ones are really great. i urge you to keep it an option.

since you already own a sig the mosquito would be a great training aide. i love sig, i with they made the mosquito . . . its definitely not a sig quality gun though.
    consider the P22, good luck with the mosquito

Post imported post

its a kick-ass little platform. I have been thinking about picking one up for plinking. Shot one at the range for a while and loved it.

Post imported post

The Sig Mosquito is a good gun. I've fired 1,100 rounds of Federal red-box ammo through mine. Mostly functioned well. Accurate, no recoil. I wish I could get a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 though.

Post imported post

If you put good ammo through it it is fine. There are two springs for different loads. If you are looking to buy one let me know.

State Researcher

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    I want a service style pistol that is bigger than a P22 and cheaper than a CZ cadet.
    What about the Ruger 22/45?

Post imported post

Comp-Tech,

You have got it right, they make top ends for Rugers that are supressed, if you are going to jump throught the hoops, get something good. My 22/45 isn't supressed, but it is also utterly dependable too. just my humble opinion. BTW, it is the only plastic gun I own, well ya'll know what I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Personally I went with the Walther P.22 for my host. Loads cheaper than the Mosquito and a lot more aftermarket available. BTW, the YHM Mite is almost Hollyweird quiet after the FRP...