• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Mosquito

expvideo

imported post

I'm thinking about getting into suppressors, since my family has land in Idaho ;)

Anyway, I like the look and feel of the Mosquito, and since I carry a P226, it seems like it would be a great plinker/training gun (especially if you want to train to deal with FTFs, FTEs, etc :p, from what I've heard).

From what I've read, it's a great little gun, so long as you don't mind feeding it good ammo instead of bulk pack. I know that a ruger or a browning are going to be more reliable, but I want a service style pistol that is bigger than a P22 and cheaper than a CZ cadet. It's just for fun anyway, so I don't mind if I have to tap and rack once in a while.

Anyway does anybody have one of these? What do you think of it?

alex1b

imported post

i cant give you any personal advice on the sig mosquito but i've heard more negative than positive. irecently had to choose between the 2

i just purchased a P22 and put it through 1400+ rounds without cleaning. it was made this year according to the year code printed on it and i am very pleased with it.

out of those 1430 i had 7 FTF. 4 were CCI blazers . . . i only fired 30 CCI total

I fired:
550 federal bulk from wamart had 1 FTF
500 american eagly by federal had 2 FTF
350 PMC Zappers no FTF VERY HOT ammo (made in mexico)

i keep the clips loaded with Zappers now.

Stripped and cleaned the gun with no problems, no unusual wear. very strong and fun gun. i read alot of bad reviews but it seems like they were all for the original P22's the newer ones are really great. i urge you to keep it an option.

since you already own a sig the mosquito would be a great training aide. i love sig, i with they made the mosquito . . . its definitely not a sig quality gun though.
consider the P22, good luck with the mosquito :)

GJD

imported post

The Sig Mosquito is a good gun. I've fired 1,100 rounds of Federal red-box ammo through mine. Mostly functioned well. Accurate, no recoil. I wish I could get a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 though.

dlnwoody

imported post

If you put good ammo through it it is fine. There are two springs for different loads. If you are looking to buy one let me know.

curtm1911

imported post

Comp-Tech,

You have got it right, they make top ends for Rugers that are supressed, if you are going to jump throught the hoops, get something good. My 22/45 isn't supressed, but it is also utterly dependable too. just my humble opinion. BTW, it is the only plastic gun I own, well ya'll know what I mean.

Attachments

• 22 45 MKII  2.JPG
    22 45 MKII 2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 243

crotalus01

imported post

Personally I went with the Walther P.22 for my host. Loads cheaper than the Mosquito and a lot more aftermarket available. BTW, the YHM Mite is almost Hollyweird quiet after the FRP...