• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PCN-TV Monday, May 19, 2008 7:00 PM - gun law discussion tonight!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

FYI below: I cannot listen in tonight and call in, but I expect the issue of open carry and serial number checks to come up - the cold hard legal facts are that a mere report of a man with a gun does not give rise to power of the police to detain and search people; that the police have no more power to randomly demand concealed gun licenses or check gun serial numbers that they do to demand folks driver's licenses at random or demand to check the serial number of the SIM cards in their cell phones.

And finally, there is no such thing as an illegal gun in Pennsylvania as there is no gun registration - guns are just personal property that happen to also have specific protections in the PA and US constitutions.

Unlike most states, PA generally makes it unlawful to transfer/lend handguns to other persons without dealer background checks, there are exceptions for family members/concealed gun license holders, respectively, and this does not affect those moving into PA. Further, while it is a crime for a person to transfer or lend handguns outside the exceptions, it is not a crime to receive such handguns, nor does the unlawful transfer void title to the handgun. Of course, if the possessor is a prohibited person, that is a crime under both PA and federal law.

--
The Program is to discuss Pennsylvania's Gun Laws

Pro Gun activist Kim Stolfer will be debating Joe Grace the paid anti-gun leader and Executive Director of Ceasefire PA. One of the AG groups that is always lobbying to take your firearms rights away.

The debate is on PCN-TV Monday, May 19, 2008 7:00 PM for a one hour show with viewer call ins to ask questions of guest.

Please call in if possible and ask Joe Grace why firearm violations are routinely plea bargained away and why the mandatory 5 year sentence for using firearms in commission of crimes NOT being used by District Attorneys to keep the criminals off the streets.

If you don’t have cable TV you can watch debate on internet on PCN-TV

[url]http://www.pcntv.com/[/url]

steveforopen

imported post

I got on, but only for about 15 seconds of speaking time. Stephen from Erie
I asked him the timeless question, "If criminals get guns illegally anyway, why should law abiding gun owners have more restrictions regarding purchase?"

His response: "I don't understand the question..."

And then "Yada yada, i defend hunters and sportsman, yada yada..."

:cuss::cuss: