Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Obama's Anti-Gun Record

  1. #1
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/ifEg1aq6Emo&hl=en[/flash]

  2. #2
    State Researcher .40 Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    COTEP FOREVER!, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,379

    Post imported post

    ???

  3. #3
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    .40 Cal wrote:
    ???
    Sorry. Messed up the embedded video for a second.

    It is fine now.



  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795

    Post imported post

    Pretty rough election for gun owners. Comes down to bad, worse, and terrible. I have the advantage of living in a GOP safe State so my vote won't matter anyway.

    But if my vote did matter I might have to hold my nose and go for McCain hoping against hope that we might get better SCOTUS appointments out of him than from either of the Democrats.

    There is another part of me that wouldn't mind seeing one of the Demos win and get to take some blame for what I figure is going to be a rough 4 years economically anyway. But that is a bit OT for this forumn.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    utbagpiper wrote:
    Pretty rough election for gun owners. Comes down to bad, worse, and terrible. I have the advantage of living in a GOP safe State so my vote won't matter anyway.

    But if my vote did matter I might have to hold my nose and go for McCain hoping against hope that we might get better SCOTUS appointments out of him than from either of the Democrats.

    There is another part of me that wouldn't mind seeing one of the Demos win and get to take some blame for what I figure is going to be a rough 4 years economically anyway. But that is a bit OT for this forumn.

    Charles
    Except for the living in a GOP safe state I agree.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Is it too early to merge together the relevant threads into one big, honkin' thread about members' theories on the 2008 presidential election? It just seems like a lot of redundant comments about strategic voting for gun owners' rights, are being made on a variety of different threads, and it might be more useful and concise to put it all into one...

    Or not?

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Is it too early to merge together the relevant threads into one big, honkin' thread about members' theories on the 2008 presidential election? It just seems like a lot of redundant comments about strategic voting for gun owners' rights, are being made on a variety of different threads, and it might be more useful and concise to put it all into one...
    +12

    Or maybe a couple threads. One for facts about the candidates and another for strategic discussion.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Citizen wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Is it too early to merge together the relevant threads into one big, honkin' thread about members' theories on the 2008 presidential election? It just seems like a lot of redundant comments about strategic voting for gun owners' rights, are being made on a variety of different threads, and it might be more useful and concise to put it all into one...
    +12

    Or maybe a couple threads. One for facts about the candidates and another for strategic discussion.
    And sticky them, too, so we don't end up with 20 threads about how anti-gun Obama is every time the main thread(s) drop below the first third of the first page...

  9. #9
    State Researcher .40 Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    COTEP FOREVER!, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,379

    Post imported post

    I think we should start a thread about starting a thread:celebrate

  10. #10
    Regular Member possumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dumfries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,090

    Post imported post

    .40 Cal wrote:
    I think we should start a thread about starting a thread:celebrate
    How about something good out of IL? Bueller? Bueller?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    Source: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08142/883560-100.stm

    Gun-control group secures $350,000 grant
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pennsylvania)

    The state's largest gun control group, CeaseFirePA, is getting a $350,000 grant to strengthen its advocacy efforts statewide.

    The Chicago-based Joyce Foundation is granting the organization the money over two years to aid its bid to build a statewide, grass-roots response to gun violence, CeaseFirePA's executive director Joe Grace said.

    Although the six-year-old nonprofit group, which focuses on stopping gun violence and access to illegal handguns, is based in Philadelphia, it is making its grant announcement today at Pittsburgh police headquarters to underscore its efforts to work with legislators, police and residents around Pennsylvania.

    CeaseFirePA supports laws, such as one defeated by the state House on April 1, requiring gun owners to report to police within 72 hours if their handguns are lost or stolen.

    -------

    From 1998 to 2001, Obama was a director of the Joyce Foundation, the largest provider of tax-free funds to anti-gun groups and causes in this country--$19 million, including the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and $1.5 million to the ultra-radical Violence Policy Center and during Joyce’s Obama years. The Joyce Foundation is tightly linked to the Soros Open Society Institute--an extremist group that advocates a worldwide ban on civilian firearm ownership." Obama even considered becoming Joyce’s president, according to the Boston Globe.

    Sources:
    Illinois State Rifle Association, "ISRA Blasts Candidate Obama On His Record Of Hostility Toward Law-Abiding Firearm Owners," Press Release, 8/24/04
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...yce+Foundation
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...yce+Foundation

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    Nice clip jpierce.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    62

    Post imported post

    The one good thing about a McCain presidency that might save us is the fact that he might spend a lot of time arguing with democrats over security and the war. That might cut back on the time these liberal pricks have to enact gun control legislation. With Obama in the White House, it is open season on law-abiding Americans.

  14. #14
    State Researcher .40 Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    COTEP FOREVER!, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,379

    Post imported post

    I say vote for Obama. After 1 year of a failed presidency he will be impeached or better... The American Sheeple will never put up with a socialist President for long. We got rid of Jimmy, L.H. Oswald took care of the other one.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    .40 Cal wrote:
    I say vote for Obama. After 1 year of a failed presidency he will be impeached or better... The American Sheeple will never put up with a socialist President for long. We got rid of Jimmy, L.H. Oswald took care of the other one.
    I'm not as optimistic.

    Sh**ple still want free stuff, and always will. They will gladly take limitations on freedom because they're afraid of freedom. They want Big Brother to take care of them. If it's not socialism on the Democrat side, it's fundamentalist religion on the Republican side that comforts the sh**ple. In other words, the vast majority of the American (and I use that term loosely) people (and I use that term loosely as well) are going to do nothing to stop the gravy train.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    293

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Sh**ple still want free stuff, and always will. They will gladly take limitations on freedom because they're afraid of freedom. They want Big Brother to take care of them. If it's not socialism on the Democrat side, it's fundamentalist religion on the Republican side that comforts the sh**ple. In other words, the vast majority of the American (and I use that term loosely) people (and I use that term loosely as well) are going to do nothing to stop the gravy train.
    Worse is better, at least in this case. When the gravy train stops (and believe me, it will), people will find out what Obama really is and what he really believes, and the sooner we can be rid of him.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    like_the_roman wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Sh**ple still want free stuff, and always will. They will gladly take limitations on freedom because they're afraid of freedom. They want Big Brother to take care of them. If it's not socialism on the Democrat side, it's fundamentalist religion on the Republican side that comforts the sh**ple. In other words, the vast majority of the American (and I use that term loosely) people (and I use that term loosely as well) are going to do nothing to stop the gravy train.
    Worse is better, at least in this case. When the gravy train stops (and believe me, it will), people will find out what Obama really is and what he really believes, and the sooner we can be rid of him.
    Well, the gravy train will stop, especially with a worthless currency and ridiculous foreign debt, but things will get much worse when someone else proposes a new gravy train. See Germany before World War II.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    .40 Cal wrote:
    I say vote for Obama. After 1 year of a failed presidency he will be impeached or better... The American Sheeple will never put up with a socialist President for long. We got rid of Jimmy, L.H. Oswald took care of the other one.
    How sure of that are you? After all, Bush has been in office for over seven years.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    293

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    How sure of that are you? After all, Bush has been in office for over seven years.
    Barack Obama is almost the exact opposite of George W. Bush in terms of physical appearance and ideological/cultural background. People are willing to put up with a rotten President as long as he's a WASP Republican from Texas, but they will not be able to put up with Barack Obama.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    like_the_roman wrote:
    Barack Obama is almost the exact opposite of George W. Bush in terms of physical appearance and ideological/cultural background. People are willing to put up with a rotten President as long as he's a WASP Republican from Texas, but they will not be able to put up with Barack Obama.
    You may be on to something there. I can't say I agree with it, but the idea seems sound.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    like_the_roman wrote:
    FogRider wrote:
    How sure of that are you? After all, Bush has been in office for over seven years.
    Barack Obama is almost the exact opposite of George W. Bush in terms of physical appearance and ideological/cultural background. People are willing to put up with a rotten President as long as he's a WASP Republican from Texas, but they will not be able to put up with Barack Obama.
    Unfortunately, you underestimate white guilt. If anything, Obama would have any proposal rubber stamped because the white sh**ple would feel it racist to oppose anything he says or does.

    Once again, hopefully not... and perhaps I'm just on a cynical kick.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    like_the_roman wrote:
    FogRider wrote:
    How sure of that are you? After all, Bush has been in office for over seven years.
    Barack Obama is almost the exact opposite of George W. Bush in terms of physical appearance and ideological/cultural background. People are willing to put up with a rotten President as long as he's a WASP Republican from Texas, but they will not be able to put up with Barack Obama.
    Unfortunately, you underestimate white guilt. If anything, Obama would have any proposal rubber stamped because the white sh**ple would feel it racist to oppose anything he says or does.

    Once again, hopefully not... and perhaps I'm just on a cynical kick.
    I pretty much agree Imperialism. I think the even bigger problem is with the media. They already do what they can to fawn over Obama and excuse many of his problematic issues for election. The media has a definite agenda and at least with a McCain presidency, being a republican we know his every move will be scrutinized by the media and twisted into the worst light possible. With Obama, his most socialistic and stupid decision will get spun to be be the most statesmen-like action of the last two centuries. Only those who regularly seek out alternative news sources will know what is really happening.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    *

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    And so I will not vote for Dem or GOP.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    806

    Post imported post

    Thatadvertisement I just sawat the top of this page about the three maincandidates is horrifying. The posts in that blog are nothing short of ridiculous. People complained that McCain has no children in Iraq, and when someone pointed out that he did, they were attacked by the same group, who then claimed that having a child in Iraq didn't matter. That is just plain weird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •