Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping Trip June 14th-15th

Post imported post

Its been kind of quiet on the campout front for a little while now So I am stepping up to spearhead this event and make sure things get done in time for people to make plans. We are looking at June 14th-15th (I will make sure to head out early on the 14th to put up some signs for the directionally challenged among us) You can go to Google Maps and enter the following location 40.043189,-112.154489 to get directions or follow the ones bellow.

What to Bring:
    WATER (there is no running water or toilets)
    Food (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch)
    General camping supplies (this varies by family usually tent, sleeping bags, chairs, cooking supplies, etc)
    And of course GUNS, AMMO, TARGETS, and more AMMO
    Feel free to also bring ATV’s, Jeeps, Dogs, Games, Family, Friends, etc

There is plenty of firewood that can be gathered, but if you are lazy feel free to bring some. Again there is no water, so bring what you need to do your cooking, cleaning, drinking, etc. Any standard Car can drive these roads and trailers (up to about 50ft) can make it with no problems too. This is about 35miles from the freeway exit so it shouldnt be too hard on peoples gas budget (want people to still be able to afford ammo ).

Questions? Ideas? etc? feel free to email me
    xmirage2kx@hotmail.com

Going North (from Provo): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn LEFT
    Going South (From SLC): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn RIGHT
    Drive about 1.2 miles to the roundabout
    Go STRAIGHT through the Lehi roundabout (500W and Main Street) and
    Drive about 19 miles (Just a few hundred feet past Fairfield’s ‘main’ street {1500N})
    Turn LEFT onto 18150W (Global One sign on left side of road) and
    Drive about 13 miles and the road will Y (a jug handle turn)
    Turn RIGHT at the Y and
    Follow the Signs (basically stay on the main road until a Y and turn left)
    SEE theLink at Utah Concealed Carry for additional details. http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/fo...=21&t=2406

Post imported post

Thanks for taking point on this endeavour - I know it's not an easy task - but it will be very rewarding!

Now, I just need to convince my wife to go

Post imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
    Its been kind of quiet on the campout front for a little while now So I am stepping up to spearhead this event and make sure things get done in time for people to make plans. We are looking at June 14th-15th (I will make sure to head out early on the 14th to put up some signs for the directionally challenged among us) You can go to Google Maps and enter the following location 40.043189,-112.154489 to get directions or follow the ones bellow.

What to Bring:
    WATER (there is no running water or toilets)
    Food (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch)
    General camping supplies (this varies by family usually tent, sleeping bags, chairs, cooking supplies, etc)
    And of course GUNS, AMMO, TARGETS, and more AMMO
    Feel free to also bring ATV’s, Jeeps, Dogs, Games, Family, Friends, etc

There is plenty of firewood that can be gathered, but if you are lazy feel free to bring some. Again there is no water, so bring what you need to do your cooking, cleaning, drinking, etc. Any standard Car can drive these roads and trailers (up to about 50ft) can make it with no problems too. This is about 35miles from the freeway exit so it shouldnt be too hard on peoples gas budget (want people to still be able to afford ammo ).

Questions? Ideas? etc? feel free to email me
    xmirage2kx@hotmail.com

Going North (from Provo): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn LEFT
    Going South (From SLC): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn RIGHT
    Drive about 1.2 miles to the roundabout
    Go STRAIGHT through the Lehi roundabout (500W and Main Street) and
    Drive about 19 miles (Just a few hundred feet past Fairfield’s ‘main’ street {1500N})
    Turn LEFT onto 18150W (Global One sign on left side of road) and
    Drive about 13 miles and the road will Y (a jug handle turn)
    Turn RIGHT at the Y and
    Follow the Signs (basically stay on the main road until a Y and turn left)
    SEE theLink at Utah Concealed Carry for additional details. http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/fo...=21&t=2406
    Awesome ! I will come if the Boss:shock:......will allow it. Already scheduled in my calendar.

TJ

Post imported post

I don't see a first aid kit in that list...

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:

For me that falls under "General Camping Supplies", as it should with most people.

I am very excited for this little trip! The wife and I are planning on it and I am hoping to get a couple more friends along as well. I would love to come out early and help set up a range or something.

I know it is being discussed over on UCC as well, but how about a potluck dinner/BBQ on Saturday night? I only have a little Hibachi grill, but I am sure someone (or two) could get a propper grill out there.

Post imported post

I got a little tabletop grill(about 8"x12") I could bring, but my house grill is built in and not removable.

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    Bravo_Sierra wrote:

For me that falls under "General Camping Supplies", as it should with most people.

I am very excited for this little trip! The wife and I are planning on it and I am hoping to get a couple more friends along as well. I would love to come out early and help set up a range or something.

I know it is being discussed over on UCC as well, but how about a potluck dinner/BBQ on Saturday night? I only have a little Hibachi grill, but I am sure someone (or two) could get a propper grill out there.
    Just reminding everyone. Ifound another person who got badly cut this weekend and had to wait almost 15 minutes for EMS to arrive.Luckily I had a piece of gause and a Tk-4 on me.

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    ScottyT wrote:
    Bravo_Sierra wrote:

Just reminding everyone. Ifound another person who got badly cut this weekend and had to wait almost 15 minutes for EMS to arrive.Luckily I had a piece of gause and a Tk-4 on me.
    B_S, here in Utah we are kinda like Ramboo. GUNPOWDER AND A LIGHTERis ALL we need (LMAO):celebrate

TJ

Post imported post

Don't forget the Duct Tape TJ, you can hold a limb on for up to 8 hours with Duct Tape, plus it closes lacerations with ease!

Post imported post

That's a 10-4

TJ

Post imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
    Don't forget the Duct Tape TJ, you can hold a limb on for up to 8 hours with Duct Tape, plus it closes lacerations with ease!
    I have duct tape in my kit.. works well to hold the mud in when you get done packing a wound

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
    Thanks for taking point on this endeavour - I know it's not an easy task - but it will be very rewarding!

Now, I just need to convince my wife to go
    Tell her there will be from what it sounds like quite a few other women including my daughter and I there! She should come, I would like to meet her. And TJ your wife as well. She needs to finally show up to one of these events!! Tell her she as no choice this time and you are bringing her regardless of what she says. And also to the rest of the men on here whose wives are not sure about coming. Tell them its not at a restaurant or a public facility we are out in the DESERT camping! I would prefer trees and the mountains, but that's ok we are still going to show up and have a great time. So come and come all. Lets go camping, shooting, play games, etc. Have lots of fun!
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I think Duct Tape works great as well, If it makes anyone feel better I teach CPR and First Aid and I am pretty sure I will not be the only person there who knows how to administer CPR and FA. I taught SGT Jensen so he knows.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

packingmama wrote:
    I would prefer trees and the mountains

Well you are in luck then... even though it is out west there is a good amount of trees and we will be right in the foothills, while not quite as good as the mountians it almost looks like you are in the mountians... Big green grassy fields to set up tents on, a stream (through most likely dry unless we get a ton of rain), and not near as cold as the mountians will be in june.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

it must be alot further out west than I thought, because when I have been out there it has just been desert.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I think you all should camp alond the Ragnar Relay course and then you can cheer me and my team in the 178 mile race...I wish i could join you, but i will be running.

Post imported post

packingmama wrote:
    it must be alot further out west than I thought, because when I have been out there it has just been desert.
    go to Google maps and enter this location 40.035862,-112.159209(give or take a few hundred yards this where we will be) Doesn't look green in the google picture, but there is a nice large grassy area tucker in there, and you can see the trees in the map.

Not quite as good as the mountians, but better than the normal "desert" image

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Don't forget the sunblock and toilet paper...

We ought to get a count of how many we are planning for...

edit: I knew sunscreen sounded funny...One of those forgot the language moments...

Post imported post

I noticed the food thread over at UCC and thought I better introduce it here.

We will be having a BBQ/potluck. Bring your own meat and bring a dish to share. Sign up over at UCC in the events section. Please sign up so that we don't end up with 10 pots of beans (I love beans, but it would be nice to have a few other things as well.)!

I think it would be a good idea to start getting a head count, but mine won't be sure for another week or so. My wife and I are coming, but I am still waiting to hear from some friends.

Post imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
    Don't forget the sunscreen and toilet paper...

TOILET PAPER

That's what leaves are for.

Sun screen

Water and mud worked good for Ramboo:celebrate

TJ

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:

TOILET PAPER

Sun screen

TJ

Good luck finding leaves... Just because there are trees does not mean you want to use their leaves :what:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:

TOILET PAPER

Sun screen

TJ

Good luck finding leaves... Just because there are trees does not mean you want to use their leaves :what:
    +1 on the bad leaves...

Post imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
    xmirage2kx wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:

TOILET PAPER

Sun screen

TJ

+1 on the bad leaves...
    Sage brush is scratchy.

Post imported post

sounds fun, its pretty close to home, too.

Post imported post

swillden wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:
    xmirage2kx wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:

TOILET PAPER

Sun screen

TJ

+1 on the bad leaves...
    Sage brush is scratchy.
    who needs leaves OR TP when you can use an obama Teeshirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast