• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camping Trip June 14th-15th

xmirage2kx

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
Don't forget the sunscreen and toilet paper...

We ought to get a count of how many we are planning for...

TOILET PAPER :question::idea::question::idea:

That's what leaves are for:lol:.

Sun screen :question::idea::question::idea:

Water and mud worked good for Ramboo:lol::lol::celebrate

TJ

Good luck finding leaves... Just because there are trees does not mean you want to use their leaves :what:

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:

TJ

Good luck finding leaves... Just because there are trees does not mean you want to use their leaves :what:
+1 on the bad leaves...

swillden

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
xmirage2kx wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:

TJ

+1 on the bad leaves...
Sage brush is scratchy.

b1ack5mith

imported post

swillden wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
xmirage2kx wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:

TJ

+1 on the bad leaves...
Sage brush is scratchy.
who needs leaves OR TP when you can use an obama Teeshirt :D

swillden

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
who needs leaves OR TP when you can use an obama Teeshirt :D
Ewwww... I'm not touching my rear with one of THOSE.

Also... you have some explaining to do, my boy. (Turning on the hot interrogation lights) Just why is it that you have such a thing in your possession? How many do you have? Where did you get them? No, don't give me that crap about holding them for a friend. Even if it's true, I want to know why you associate with... people... that possess such filth.

Yes indeed, a LOT of explaining to do.

;)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I know for a fact that Travy has a Senator Waddoups T-shirt, and a Senator Buttars T-shirt. This should clear him for any wrong doing. ;)

b1ack5mith

imported post

HAHAHA :D i wanna buy an "obama sucks" shirt, and on the back "SUPPORT THE 2nd AMENDMENT" :D

P.S. you hear that he supports "sex education" to kindergardeners!??! what the hell is that crap!?!? they dont need to know till highschool!

alex1b

imported post

hey guys, i dont mean to highjack the thread but can you shoot in the backcountry in utah or do you have to be at a range. i noticed you are going camping and shooting and i've been trying to figure out the guidelines for that.

as far as i know you cant shoot within 800yards of a building . . . but you also cant have guns on state/national parks? its hard to find info from the state. thanks in advance

swillden

imported post

alex1b wrote:
hey guys, i dont mean to highjack the thread but can you shoot in the backcountry in utah or do you have to be at a range. i noticed you are going camping and shooting and i've been trying to figure out the guidelines for that.

as far as i know you cant shoot within 800yards of a building . . . but you also cant have guns on state/national parks? its hard to find info from the state. thanks in advance
UCA 76-10-508 says:

(1) (a) A person may not discharge any kind of dangerous weapon or firearm:
(i) from an automobile or other vehicle;
(ii) from, upon, or across any highway;
(iii) at any road signs placed upon any highways of the state;
(iv) at any communications equipment or property of public utilities including facilities, lines, poles, or devices of transmission or distribution;
(v) at railroad equipment or facilities including any sign or signal;
(vi) within Utah State Park buildings, designated camp or picnic sites, overlooks, golf courses, boat ramps, and developed beaches; or
(vii) without written permission to discharge the dangerous weapon from the owner or person in charge of the property within 600 feet of:
(A) a house, dwelling, or any other building; or
(B) any structure in which a domestic animal is kept or fed, including a barn, poultry yard, corral, feeding pen, or stockyard.
(b) It is a defense to any charge for violating this section that the person being accused had actual permission of the owner or person in charge of the property at the time in question
Note that the distance from a building is 600 feet, not 800 yards.

According to R651-612, discharge of firearms is generally prohibited in state parks unless you're hunting or have specific authorization. Federal regulations prohibit carrying firearms in national parks. That's in the process of being reviewed and will hopefully be changed soon.

Shooting is allowed in national forests and on Bureau of Land Management land, subject to the restrictions in state law.

I think the proposed campsite is probably BLM land.

swillden

imported post

alex1b wrote:
thanks, i'll make sure my backpacking is within national forests and on Bureau of Land Management land
Welcome.

Just to make sure you didn't miss a less-than-clear point in my post: On Utah state park land it is legal to carry, you just can't shoot unless you have a good reason -- like self-defense. This is different from national park land, where you can't even carry.

xmirage2kx

imported post

Anyone who wants to head out Friday, the 13th feel free. Enough people have contacted me asking if I can set things up for the 13th too. So anyone who wants to come out for friday-saturday and/or sunday can. I will have signs out on the 13th and will be out there already (about 1-2pm is when the signs will be up). Official activities will still be on the 14th-15th