• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camping Trip June 14th-15th

xmirage2kx

imported post

Its been kind of quiet on the campout front for a little while now So I am stepping up to spearhead this event and make sure things get done in time for people to make plans. We are looking at June 14th-15th (I will make sure to head out early on the 14th to put up some signs for the directionally challenged among us) You can go to Google Maps and enter the following location 40.043189,-112.154489 to get directions or follow the ones bellow.

What to Bring:
WATER (there is no running water or toilets)
Food (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch)
General camping supplies (this varies by family usually tent, sleeping bags, chairs, cooking supplies, etc)
And of course GUNS, AMMO, TARGETS, and more AMMO
Feel free to also bring ATV’s, Jeeps, Dogs, Games, Family, Friends, etc

There is plenty of firewood that can be gathered, but if you are lazy feel free to bring some. Again there is no water, so bring what you need to do your cooking, cleaning, drinking, etc. Any standard Car can drive these roads and trailers (up to about 50ft) can make it with no problems too. This is about 35miles from the freeway exit so it shouldnt be too hard on peoples gas budget (want people to still be able to afford ammo
icon_wink.gif
).

Questions? Ideas? etc? feel free to email me
xmirage2kx@hotmail.com

Going North (from Provo): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn LEFT
Going South (From SLC): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn RIGHT
Drive about 1.2 miles to the roundabout
Go STRAIGHT through the Lehi roundabout (500W and Main Street) and
Drive about 19 miles (Just a few hundred feet past Fairfield’s ‘main’ street {1500N})
Turn LEFT onto 18150W (Global One sign on left side of road) and
Drive about 13 miles and the road will Y (a jug handle turn)
Turn RIGHT at the Y and
Follow the Signs (basically stay on the main road until a Y and turn left)
SEE theLink at Utah Concealed Carry for additional details. http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2406

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
Its been kind of quiet on the campout front for a little while now So I am stepping up to spearhead this event and make sure things get done in time for people to make plans. We are looking at June 14th-15th (I will make sure to head out early on the 14th to put up some signs for the directionally challenged among us) You can go to Google Maps and enter the following location 40.043189,-112.154489 to get directions or follow the ones bellow.

What to Bring:
WATER (there is no running water or toilets)
Food (Dinner/Breakfast/Lunch)
General camping supplies (this varies by family usually tent, sleeping bags, chairs, cooking supplies, etc)
And of course GUNS, AMMO, TARGETS, and more AMMO
Feel free to also bring ATV’s, Jeeps, Dogs, Games, Family, Friends, etc

There is plenty of firewood that can be gathered, but if you are lazy feel free to bring some. Again there is no water, so bring what you need to do your cooking, cleaning, drinking, etc. Any standard Car can drive these roads and trailers (up to about 50ft) can make it with no problems too. This is about 35miles from the freeway exit so it shouldnt be too hard on peoples gas budget (want people to still be able to afford ammo
icon_wink.gif
).

Questions? Ideas? etc? feel free to email me
xmirage2kx@hotmail.com

Going North (from Provo): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn LEFT
Going South (From SLC): Get off I-15 at Exit 279 (Lehi Main Street) and Turn RIGHT
Drive about 1.2 miles to the roundabout
Go STRAIGHT through the Lehi roundabout (500W and Main Street) and
Drive about 19 miles (Just a few hundred feet past Fairfield’s ‘main’ street {1500N})
Turn LEFT onto 18150W (Global One sign on left side of road) and
Drive about 13 miles and the road will Y (a jug handle turn)
Turn RIGHT at the Y and
Follow the Signs (basically stay on the main road until a Y and turn left)
SEE theLink at Utah Concealed Carry for additional details. http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2406

Awesome ! I will come if the Boss:shock:...:lol:...will allow it. Already scheduled in my calendar.

TJ

ScottyT

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I don't see a first aid kit in that list...

For me that falls under "General Camping Supplies", as it should with most people.

I am very excited for this little trip! The wife and I are planning on it and I am hoping to get a couple more friends along as well. I would love to come out early and help set up a range or something.

I know it is being discussed over on UCC as well, but how about a potluck dinner/BBQ on Saturday night? I only have a little Hibachi grill, but I am sure someone (or two) could get a propper grill out there.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:

For me that falls under "General Camping Supplies", as it should with most people.

I am very excited for this little trip! The wife and I are planning on it and I am hoping to get a couple more friends along as well. I would love to come out early and help set up a range or something.

I know it is being discussed over on UCC as well, but how about a potluck dinner/BBQ on Saturday night? I only have a little Hibachi grill, but I am sure someone (or two) could get a propper grill out there.
Just reminding everyone. Ifound another person who got badly cut this weekend and had to wait almost 15 minutes for EMS to arrive.Luckily I had a piece of gause and a Tk-4 on me.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:

Just reminding everyone. Ifound another person who got badly cut this weekend and had to wait almost 15 minutes for EMS to arrive.Luckily I had a piece of gause and a Tk-4 on me.

B_S, here in Utah we are kinda like Ramboo. GUNPOWDER AND A LIGHTER:lol:is ALL we need (LMAO):celebrate

TJ

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Don't forget the Duct Tape TJ, you can hold a limb on for up to 8 hours with Duct Tape, plus it closes lacerations with ease! :lol:
I have duct tape in my kit.. works well to hold the mud in when you get done packing a wound :lol:

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Thanks for taking point on this endeavour - I know it's not an easy task - but it will be very rewarding!

Now, I just need to convince my wife to go :D

Tell her there will be from what it sounds like quite a few other women including my daughter and I there! She should come, I would like to meet her. And TJ your wife as well. She needs to finally show up to one of these events!! Tell her she as no choice this time and you are bringing her regardless of what she says. And also to the rest of the men on here whose wives are not sure about coming. Tell them its not at a restaurant or a public facility we are out in the DESERT camping! I would prefer trees and the mountains, but that's ok we are still going to show up and have a great time. So come and come all. Lets go camping, shooting, play games, etc. Have lots of fun! :D

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think Duct Tape works great as well, If it makes anyone feel better I teach CPR and First Aid and I am pretty sure I will not be the only person there who knows how to administer CPR and FA. I taught SGT Jensen so he knows.

xmirage2kx

imported post

packingmama wrote:
I would prefer trees and the mountains

Well you are in luck then... even though it is out west there is a good amount of trees and we will be right in the foothills, while not quite as good as the mountians it almost looks like you are in the mountians... Big green grassy fields to set up tents on, a stream (through most likely dry unless we get a ton of rain), and not near as cold as the mountians will be in june.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

it must be alot further out west than I thought, because when I have been out there it has just been desert.

rocknsnow

imported post

I think you all should camp alond the Ragnar Relay course and then you can cheer me and my team in the 178 mile race...:lol:I wish i could join you, but i will be running.

xmirage2kx

imported post

packingmama wrote:
it must be alot further out west than I thought, because when I have been out there it has just been desert.

go to Google maps and enter this location 40.035862,-112.159209(give or take a few hundred yards this where we will be) Doesn't look green in the google picture, but there is a nice large grassy area tucker in there, and you can see the trees in the map.

Not quite as good as the mountians, but better than the normal "desert" image

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Don't forget the sunblock and toilet paper...

We ought to get a count of how many we are planning for...

edit: I knew sunscreen sounded funny...One of those forgot the language moments...:lol:

ScottyT

imported post

I noticed the food thread over at UCC and thought I better introduce it here.

We will be having a BBQ/potluck. Bring your own meat and bring a dish to share. Sign up over at UCC in the events section. Please sign up so that we don't end up with 10 pots of beans (I love beans, but it would be nice to have a few other things as well.)!

I think it would be a good idea to start getting a head count, but mine won't be sure for another week or so. My wife and I are coming, but I am still waiting to hear from some friends.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
Don't forget the sunscreen and toilet paper...

We ought to get a count of how many we are planning for...

TOILET PAPER :question::idea::question::idea:

That's what leaves are for:lol:.

Sun screen :question::idea::question::idea:

Water and mud worked good for Ramboo:lol::lol::celebrate

TJ