Thread: Unreal - Taser Duel in Colorado

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356566,00.html
    2 Colorado Men Exchange Taser Shots in Confrontation Over Parking Boot Monday, May 19, 2008

BOULDER, Colo.— It wasn't exactly pistols at 30 paces, but police say a security company supervisor and a restaurateur shot each other with Tasers in a "bonehead" confrontation over parking.
    Officers said neither man needed medical attention after the Saturday confrontation, but Harvey Epstein, co-owner of Mamacitas restaurant, was arrested on suspicion of felony menacing and using a stun gun.

A police report said Epstein and Casey M. Dane, a supervisor for Colorado Security Services Inc., were arguing over a metal boot that one of Dane's guards had clamped on a wheel of a van parked behind Mamacitas.

Dane told police he was afraid Epstein was going to hit him with a 2-foot-long pair of bolt cutters. Epstein told police he had only tried to remove the boot with the bolt cutters and hadn't threatened anyone with them.

Epstein told police Dane put his hand on a holstered pistol and threatened to shoot him. Dane told The Associated Press by telephone that he did put his hand on the holstered pistol but never threatened to shoot Epstein.

Both men drew Tasers.

"They shot each other," Police Sgt. Pat Wyton told the Camera newspaper. "It was just kind of a bonehead deal."

The guard claimed the van, owned by a Mamacitas employee, was on property he was hired to patrol. The van owner denied that.

Epstein, 36, told the AP in a phone interview Sunday he took out his Taser only after Dane pointed his at him and his mother, who was also outside. Epstein also said Dane repeatedly told him he was a police officer and that failing to comply with his orders was a federal offense, allegations that Dane denies.

Post imported post

Yeaaaaahhhh.....

Post imported post

This is why I hate tasers. They are not taken seriously.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Activist Member

Post imported post

Did they hit each other or miss with their only shot? The article doesn't specify. Not that its important, but I wonder anyway.

It must be an unusual event to witness.

Post imported post

That kinda cracks me up. Two guys shooting it out on mean street of Boulder with tasers.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I would've liked to watch that incident.

Post imported post

That's like something out of a Three Stooges movie! LMAO!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Read about it in the Colorado Springs Gazette, great, conservative newspaper with strong editorial stance on the 2nd Amendment. My conclusion: two dickheads getting what they deserved. That the one guy was packing but went to a frigging tazer, really sums it up. Morons.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Or from *******
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Or from *******
    There was an episode from ******* when they were tasering and stungunning each other! It was hilarious!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

tasers are only good for those with a backup plan. and people who like to play practical jokes on unsuspecting family members. Painful

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    tasers are only good for those with a backup plan. and people who like to play practical jokes on unsuspecting family members. Painful
    That's SO TRUE! On Sunday, I was terrorizing my girlfriend with an electrically charged fly-swatter...HILARIOUS!!!!!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!