• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to Leave

marine2000

imported post

Need help ...!!!!!!!

I was in Fair Oaks Mall today and was asked to leave the Mall as they do not support any form of weapon carrying...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not see a sign **....!!!!

What's the deal on that ...?????

Any suggestions here...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mercutio545

imported post

If you are asked to leave, then you have to leave. If you refuse, then you are officially trespassing.

ufcfanvt

imported post

I've looked there before. There is no sign. I say we just let it be and CC there until someone here decides to make a political issue out of it.
It's too bad there's no big Sporting Goods store there that would have patrons sympathetic to our cause. If there were, we could target them for leverage...

hsmith

imported post

Write your favorite stores, tell them you were shopping, were going to spend money in their establishment, but were kicked out for lawful carry.

CC the mall management.

marine2000

imported post

Mall Security...!!!!!!!!!!

One of the guards claimed that he had just spoken to his superiors and was advised that i should be told/asked to leave ................

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

marine2000 wrote:

One of the guards claimed that he had just spoken to his superiors and was advised that i should be told/asked to leave ................
There is your answer. Don't shop there anymore then.

Sheriff

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Write your favorite stores, tell them you were shopping, were going to spend money in their establishment, but were kicked out for lawful carry.

CC the mall management.
I second this suggestion.

ChinChin

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
hsmith wrote:

CC the mall management.
I second this suggestion.

I'd like to see a formal statement from management prior to any other actions taking place. I know the usual rule is “don’t rock the boat” but if they are now actively expelling lawful behavior, that boat has already been rocked. Not to offend the fine Ninja workforce, but there have been instances where the statements made by said Ninja's were not 100% accurate, and in reality did not reflect the true desire of owners/management.

Goliath

imported post

If you made any purchases. Take them all back to the stores and ask for your money back. And when they ask why, be sure to tell them.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I OC'd several times in Fair Oaks Mall when I worked near there. I really think most of the mall security officers don't notice, but occasionally you get one who does. Then he doesn't know what to do, so he calls his boss, who doesn't know what to do, so they figure they'll err on the side of caution and ask you to leave.

I kept expecting to have something said, especially when I spent lots in jewelry stores there, but nothing. I would have hated to take back all those gems, but I could have bought them elsewhere.

LEO 229

imported post

marine2000 wrote:

Well now....

You were not banned, right? So I guess you can still return another day. ;)

marine2000

imported post

Hey that would be a good idea...!!!!!!!!

Maybe have the Media involved

Ed...

I am really not sure as to what their management has agreed on...!!!!

This is quite serious business, as i have already made a formal statement to Consumer Council.

I will be be posting that soon up here