• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dennys in Everett

heresolong

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
This is America. I don't have to ask foranyone's permission to carrya gun.
Wrong, on private property you do. The Constitution limits what the Government can do, but other citizen rights can and do over ride yours. In other words you have the right to do whatever you want, as long is it does not interfer with another persons rights.

No, YOU are wrong. They have every right to ask me not to carry, or post a sign asking me not to carry, but I have NO expectation to ask them permission. If they have a problem with it, it's their burden to say something, not mine. I don't have to ask their permission. That doesn't mean I don't have to leave if they ask me to, or obey signs.

I don't have to ask for anyone's permission to carry a gun. If they have a problem, they have to ask me not to carry it, not the other way around.
I think we need to agree to disagree on this one, because I feel a person needs to respect others rights if you want yours respected.
Except that you aren't disrespecting their rights. You are exercising your right. If at any time they feel that they want you off their property they can walk over and ask you to leave. No one in this thread has suggested that you should tell them to go to hell and keep eating your breakfast. If they want you to leave they can ask and then you leave. You have just respected their right to ask you to leave for actions that they disagree with.

How is this any different than if I went into the restaurant wearing a campaign button? Should I ask permission to wear a campaign button prior to entering? Absolutely not. If they are not pleased with people wearing campaign buttons in their establishment they can ask me to cover up my button or leave. I can then make the choice to not patronize them or comply with their wishes regarding my button.

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Wrong, on private property you do. The Constitution limits what the Government can do, but other citizen rights can and do over ride yours. In other words you have the right to do whatever you want, as long is it does not interfer with another persons rights.

No, YOU are wrong. They have every right to ask me not to carry, or post a sign asking me not to carry, but I have NO expectation to ask them permission. If they have a problem with it, it's their burden to say something, not mine. I don't have to ask their permission. That doesn't mean I don't have to leave if they ask me to, or obey signs.

I don't have to ask for anyone's permission to carry a gun. If they have a problem, they have to ask me not to carry it, not the other way around.
I think we need to agree to disagree on this one, because I feel a person needs to respect others rights if you want yours respected.
Except that you aren't disrespecting their rights. You are exercising your right. If at any time they feel that they want you off their property they can walk over and ask you to leave. No one in this thread has suggested that you should tell them to go to hell and keep eating your breakfast. If they want you to leave they can ask and then you leave. You have just respected their right to ask you to leave for actions that they disagree with.

How is this any different than if I went into the restaurant wearing a campaign button? Should I ask permission to wear a campaign button prior to entering? Absolutely not. If they are not pleased with people wearing campaign buttons in their establishment they can ask me to cover up my button or leave. I can then make the choice to not patronize them or comply with their wishes regarding my button.
You really don't get it do you. You seem to think only your rights are the onlyimportant rights and screw everyone else, you would make a great dictator. That's not the way in works. You have no right to step on anyone elses rights, if you expect no one to step on yours. Your way is anarchy, not democracy.

expvideo

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:

You really don't get it do you. You seem to think only your rights are the onlyimportant rights and screw everyone else, you would make a great dictator. That's not the way in works. You have no right to step on anyone elses rights, if you expect no one to step on yours. Your way is anarchy, not democracy.

You're the one that doesn't get it. Are you really this stupid? I mean I've met some stupid people before, but this is the most retarded thing I think I've ever heard.

If they don't want me to carry a gun on their property, that is fine, and it is their right to say so. No one is saying otherwise. But they have to let me know by posting a sign or asking me to not carry the gun. I don't have to ask them permission to carry. Do you even carry a gun Bear? Do you ask all of the store owners if it's ok for you to carry before you enter their stores? Do you ask all of the restaurant owners if it is ok for you to carry before you eat? Why in God's name would you do that? It's your right to carry a gun, so you don't have to ask for anyone's permission. It's their right to ask you to not carry a gun, but they have to ask you or post a sign, you can't just assume that I know that you don't want me carrying a gun at your restaurant, and I'm not going to ask your permission, because it's my right to do so. If you have a problem with it, tell me and I'll respect your rights and leave.

What is wrong with that? What are you suggesting that we do? Ask permission from everyone before entering their homes/businesses/offices/churches/cars/etc? Why should we have to ask permission to exercise our rights? Do you understand what rights are?

I'm not going to ask the waiter if it's ok for me to wear a blue polo shirt, brown sneakers, a campaign button or a gun. If they don't allow sneakers or polo shirts, they need to put up a sign or tell me, and then I will leave. I don't see why a gun is any different.

Bear 45/70

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

You're the one that doesn't get it. Are you really this stupid? I mean I've met some stupid people before, but this is the most retarded thing I think I've ever heard.

If they don't want me to carry a gun on their property, that is fine, and it is their right to say so. No one is saying otherwise. But they have to let me know by posting a sign or asking me to not carry the gun. I don't have to ask them permission to carry. Do you even carry a gun Bear? Do you ask all of the store owners if it's ok for you to carry before you enter their stores? Do you ask all of the restaurant owners if it is ok for you to carry before you eat? Why in God's name would you do that? It's your right to carry a gun, so you don't have to ask for anyone's permission. It's their right to ask you to not carry a gun, but they have to ask you or post a sign, you can't just assume that I know that you don't want me carrying a gun at your restaurant, and I'm not going to ask your permission, because it's my right to do so. If you have a problem with it, tell me and I'll respect your rights and leave.

What is wrong with that? What are you suggesting that we do? Ask permission from everyone before entering their homes/businesses/offices/churches/cars/etc? Why should we have to ask permission to exercise our rights? Do you understand what rights are?

I'm not going to ask the waiter if it's ok for me to wear a blue polo shirt, brown sneakers, a campaign button or a gun. If they don't allow sneakers or polo shirts, they need to put up a sign or tell me, and then I will leave. I don't see why a gun is any different.
You wouldn't last 20 minutes in a true anarchy. You haven't learned that you are not the only one with rights and your rights are not supreme. Ifyou step on my rights I willsmash you like the arrogant bug that you are. Your logic is so flawed that for you to call me stupid is laughable. It's jackasses like you who are destroying this country with your "me first and screw the rest of you" attitude. Your lack of respect for others rights shows that you deserve to loose any rights you think you have. This is a limited freedom we live in here in the USA, not this fantasy you have created to boost your little ego..

expvideo

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

You wouldn't last 20 minutes in a true anarchy. You haven't learned that you are not the only one with rights and your rights are not supreme. Ifyou step on my rights I willsmash you like the arrogant bug that you are. Your logic is so flawed that for you to call me stupid is laughable. It's jackasses like you who are destroying this country with your "me first and screw the rest of you" attitude. Your lack of respect for others rights shows that you deserve to loose any rights you think you have. This is a limited freedom we live in here in the USA, not this fantasy you have created to boost your little ego..
What do you suggest? By your logic, you had better ask me if it's ok for you to have a cell phone in your pocket before you enter my home, because it's my right to approve that cell phone. Do you ask the waiter at the restaurant if it's ok for you to have a cell phone? Do you ask if it's OK for you to have car keys?

Bear 45/70

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

What do you suggest? By your logic, you had better ask me if it's ok for you to have a cell phone in your pocket before you enter my home, because it's my right to approve that cell phone. Do you ask the waiter at the restaurant if it's ok for you to have a cell phone? Do you ask if it's OK for you to have car keys?
Your are so entrench in your belief that your rights are supreme over everyone else that you have no regard for anyone but yourself. A sad, sad example of a human being and a so called citizen of this country.

just_a_car

imported post

not_this_shit_again.jpg

expvideo: +1.
Bear 45/70: Epic fail.

expvideo

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Your are so entrench in your belief that your rights are supreme over everyone else that you have no regard for anyone but yourself. A sad, sad example of a human being and a so called citizen of this country.

Why can't you just answer the question? Maybe it was too hard to read. Let me help:

If you walk into Denny's, do you ask the waiter for permission to carry a cell phone?

Bear 45/70

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Why can't you just answer the question? Maybe it was too hard to read. Let me help:

If you walk into Denny's, do you ask the waiter for permission to carry a cell phone?
Ok jackass, cellphones have nothing to do with anyone's rights, Constitutional or otherwise. Like I said you are delude with the idea that your are supreme to everyone else and nothing else matter to you.Explaining it to your is a waste of time because in your world as a god nothing or anyone and what they say matters.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
(snip)

Explaining it to your is a waste of time because in your world as a god nothing or anyone and what they say matters.
expvideo wrote:
If they don't allow sneakers or polo shirts, they need to put up a sign or tell me, and then I will leave.
So, Bear, tell me how you came to that conclusion when expvideo has already stated the opposite?

expvideo

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Ok jackass, cellphones have nothing to do with anyone's rights, Constitutional or otherwise. Like I said you are delude with the idea that your are supreme to everyone else and nothing else matter to you.Explaining it to your is a waste of time because in your world as a god nothing or anyone and what they say matters.
Is that a yes or a no?

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
(snip)

Explaining it to your is a waste of time because in your world as a god nothing or anyone and what they say matters.
expvideo wrote:
If they don't allow sneakers or polo shirts, they need to put up a sign or tell me, and then I will leave.
So, Bear, tell me how you came to that conclusion when expvideo has already stated the opposite?
When did expvideo become the SCOTUS and gets to determine what and when rules are in effect. Also expvideo nor you determine how I or anyone else with an ounce of self respector common sense operate or think. You also are not a god even though you are as deluded as expvideo. Neither one of you isa good ambassador for any cause. Too much ego and no common sense or respect for anyone else.

Bear 45/70

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Is that a yes or a no?
It is ill-relevant to any discussion on rights and responsibility. But then you don't recognize that you have any responsibility to anything or one except your arrogant little self.

ScorpioMk

imported post

This whole thing is pretty simple. If there is a sign outside saying No Firearms JAC and expvideo will not go in there. If there is no sign they carry as usual and if asked to leave they do. Isnt that what you also do Bear or do you ask permission of every place you go? Seems like thats all there trying to get at and you are just making this another stupid arguement.

Marcus

just_a_car

imported post

ScorpioMk wrote:
This whole thing is pretty simple. If there is a sign outside saying No Firearms JAC and expvideo will not go in there. If there is no sign they carry as usual and if asked to leave they do. Isnt that what you also do Bear or do you ask permission of every place you go? Seems like thats all there trying to get at and you are just making this another stupid arguement.

Marcus
That's exactly what I was saying and I believe that's what expvideo was saying as well.

Bear 45/70

imported post

ScorpioMk wrote:

Marcus
Depends on a number of things. I know a lot of people who own and/or operate businesses ( I even ran one of my own at one time)and if I am aware of their desire for me to not carry (the sign is ill-relevant), I don't, out of respect for their rights to have that view, whether I agree with it or not,I don't do it. Even if I don't know the people involved andif I know their position on the subject, out of respect for their views, I also don't. I respect their right to have a different position than me and do not cross the line. Again a No guns sign is not necessary. The only sign that counts is then one that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" and with that they look at you as you walk inand don't like your cell phone, hair, shirt, glasses, whatever, you are gone and that is their right which over rides yours.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
ScorpioMk wrote:

Marcus
That's exactly what I was saying and I believe that's what expvideo was saying as well.
They never even came close to saying anything like you did. The only stupid arguement is that their right supercedes everyone else. If you agree with that the you are as arrongant as they are.

expvideo

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
ScorpioMk wrote:

Marcus
They never even came close to saying anything like you did. The only stupid arguement is that their right supercedes everyone else. If you agree with that the you are as arrongant as they are.

Oh really? I seem to recall saying exactly that 3 times in a row, and in different ways so that it wouldn't be misunderstood.

expvideo wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
expvideo wrote:

expvideo

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
ScorpioMk wrote:

Marcus
Depends on a number of things. I know a lot of people who own and/or operate businesses ( I even ran one of my own at one time)and if I am aware of their desire for me to not carry (the sign is ill-relevant), I don't, out of respect for their rights to have that view, whether I agree with it or not,I don't do it. Even if I don't know the people involved andif I know their position on the subject, out of respect for their views, I also don't. I respect their right to have a different position than me and do not cross the line. Again a No guns sign is not necessary. The only sign that counts is then one that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" and with that they look at you as you walk inand don't like your cell phone, hair, shirt, glasses, whatever, you are gone and that is their right which over rides yours.
Yeah. That's exactly what I've been saying, genious. But for you to know that they "don't like" it, they have to tell you. That's the way it works. You don't have to ask them if they like your cell phone or not, but if they tell you that it goes, it goes.