• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loudoun Times Mirror open carry dining Article is Out!!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Results:
No: 14.1%
Yes: 85.9%

The poll probably won't be up much longer as they usually leave them for a week. If you are bored and have nothing to do you may as well hit it (if you have not) just to put the final number even more in our favor go ahead and comment then too if you have not already.

Ed

Bullbuster

imported post

Might not be a bad idea to invite a local reporter to any OC dinner. With articles like this that show folks really don't have a problem with others carrying and how no other patrons even knew they had guns would fill the pages with positive articles on guns versus the normal one on who shot who tonight, and another helpless victim attacked.

The vast majority of citizens who fear guns may not except for all the negative media coverage on them. Its no wonder why people are scared when all they are told of is violence. Show some good and people will feel more apt to not be so scared when a law abiding citizen is carrying. Its too bad that the media would rather pass along the horrors in life than the good because it sells better.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
Might not be a bad idea to invite a local reporter to any OC dinner. With articles like this...
The problem is that "fair, open and honest" reporters are hard to find when reporting on guns.. and you roll the diceon what kind of story you are going to get depending on where and when you go to dinner, how many come, what the owner of the place says as do his patrons. In the Giovanni's case I knew the reporter and the owner and talked to them aboutreasons of the dinner beforehand.. I am not sayin that could not happen somewhere else.. I am just sayin it was more than callingup a local reporter and sayin.. "Here is a news story.. guys are going to dinner with guns!". In fact.. the REAL story is that folks going to dinner with guns is NO STORY AT ALL.

Ed