• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Line between CC and OC

Roy Hobbs

imported post

I'm fairly new here, but have enjoyed the amount of info and debate that goes on in this forum. I imagine that this question might be better posed to one of the CC forums, but you all seem remarkably well-informed.

I just picked up my CPL (after a 30 day wait) in Seattle, and have a question about where the line is between CC and OC, especially with summer coming.

I'm able to conceal my Glock 19 pretty well underneath a pullover windbreaker with an OWB holster, but realized while I was bending over to pick up my dog's daily deposit that my pullover was riding up, and I had to pull it down. The holster was about half-uncovered. Nobody was around to see it, but it got me to thinking about the subject.

A simple t-shirt will provide me with full concealment in the summertime, but it too will ride up, and in a light breeze might move enough to break conceal.

I understand that this is probably another reason to OC, but I'm not there yet with being able to articulate my rights (although I'm learning quickly). From a practical perspective, can anyone give me any insights?

Grenadier

imported post

The beauty of having a cpl in Washington is that you can CC or OC or anything in the middle, it doesn't matter. Just because you have a cpl doesn't mean you have to conceal it. So don't worry and carry on.

DrewGunner

imported post

Grenadier wrote:
The beauty of having a cpl in Washington is that you can CC or OC or anything in the middle, it doesn't matter. Just because you have a cpl doesn't mean you have to conceal it. So don't worry and carry on.
What he said.

just_a_car

imported post

Grenadier wrote:
+1. Unless you're acting in a manner, under circumstances and at a time and place... that would warrant alarm for the safety of others, then there's nothing against any form of carry in the way you describe.

zombie437

imported post

I am also new here, and I conceal carry and had the same question when my shirt may ride up while on the bike. Been riding to work thru baker street tunnel on bicycle, amazing how alone you in there at 5:00 am , but don't drive with out the seat belt.