• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Police Chief is now in Charlott

burninsteeda04

imported post

Im wondering how the former Richmond Police Chief Rodney Monroe felt about OC hes moving to Charlotte NC to become the new Chief of Police.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seeing most of us in Richmond had more worries aboutVirginia Commonwealth University's Monroe Park campusand the problems of a university owning commercial and rental residential property from Leigh to Cary and from Foushee to Allen.

The rest of the city, even the Medical College of Virginia area, was pretty much problem-free as regards OC and intetractions with the RPD.

Based on my personal observations & intetractions with Richmond's finest, I'd be more worried about the amount of time Charoltte cops spend at Krispy Kreme than any innovative actions by their new chief. Community patrols that did not require cops to get out of the squad and walk a beat merely reduced traffic enforcement revenue - it had less than zero impact on crime.

I understand that NC's "going armed to the terror of the public" law is often the weapon of the District Attorny moreso than of the Chief of Police.

stay safe.

skidmark

burninsteeda04

imported post

This is a pretty hard offense to be convicted of simply because you
Also Going Armed to the Terror of the Public ---By common law in North Carolina, it is unlawful for a person to arm himself with any unusual and dangerous weapon, for the purpose of terrifying others, and go about on public highways in a manner to cause terror to others. The N.C. Supreme Court has said that any gun is an unusual and dangerous weapon for purposes of this offense.
A person is guilty of this offense if:
(1) he arms himself with unusual and dangerous weapons
(2) for the purpose of terrifying others
(3) and goes about on public highways
(4) in a manner to cause terror to others.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
This is a pretty hard offense to be convicted of simply because you
Also Going Armed to the Terror of the Public ---By common law in North Carolina, it is unlawful for a person to arm himself with any unusual and dangerous weapon, for the purpose of terrifying others, and go about on public highways in a manner to cause terror to others. The N.C. Supreme Court has said that any gun is an unusual and dangerous weapon for purposes of this offense.
A person is guilty of this offense if:
(1) he arms himself with unusual and dangerous weapons
(2) for the purpose of terrifying others
(3) and goes about on public highways
(4) in a manner to cause terror to others.

This is a serious question, in spite of the dripping sracasm you may hear in my tone of typing -

If it is so difficult to be convicted of Going Armed To The Terror of the Public, why, oh why, do I hear almost everybody from NC gripe and moan about how this law effectively prevents them from carrying Open or Concealed?

I think my chances of understanding this are better than my chances of undersatanding women, but not by much.

stay safe.

skidmark

burninsteeda04

imported post

mainly because it is something people do get charged with my ill informed Police Officers but rarely do they get convicted

basically if your acting accordingly to what your carrying your fine.