• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question - What is it with some moderators???

Eagleeye

imported post

On another Gun community which will for the moment remain nameless (some of you will know which one I speak of) some of the moderators are acting like proverbial Jackbooted Thugs.

I've put up with much of it since 2003 on this one site, but this one is the last straw.

I started a Concealed carry discussion only to have it closed "for a mention of walmart" with the moderator to "see his sig line".

judging from that, this moderator seems to think his sig line = the forum rules because he's a mod....

when will moderators like this get it through their head that such actions make the site they work for look incredibly bad?:banghead:

It's like a cop arresting someone for waving hello at them simply because the cop was having a bad day...

what gives with such morons?:banghead:

LEO 229

imported post

Most every board has rules or guidelines that the members are expected to follow.

I am guessing that the moderator did not want any free advertising for Walmart.

The great thing is you can stop posting there and when too many people leave maybe they will ask "What are we doing wrong?" to cause people to leave.

Moderators will all have different tolerance levels or areas that they will watch more closely.

I too get PMs about threads or posts that members find objectionable. So sometimes enough members complain where the moderator take action.