• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SC S. Ct. rules age of majority for handgun rights can be no higher than 18!

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like a simple case of reading the state constitution and coming to an obvious decision. I am amazed it took this long for such a decision to come down since it seems so clear cut.

PT111

imported post

Interesting reasoning behind the ruling that since the constitution singles out alcohol then that is the only thing included. Wonder if they had left that clause off, would the court have ruled the same way?

340mopar

imported post

I am all for an 18yo having the right to bear arms. I agree with 21 for a concealed law, however for all of that to make sensean Open Carry policy should be implimented, and the 18yo's should have a right to bear openly.

The concealed permit should be a bit harder to get. But as concealed is all we are allowed, then there is that battle...hard to make a call on it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

340mopar wrote:
I am all for an 18yo having the right to bear arms. I agree with 21 for a concealed law, however for all of that to make sensean Open Carry policy should be implimented, and the 18yo's should have a right to bear openly.

The concealed permit should be a bit harder to get. But as concealed is all we are allowed, then there is that battle...hard to make a call on it.
Not such a 'hard to make call,' you did fine in specifying the infringements that you approved. You seemed to say, "The RKABA shall not be infringed except for reasonable regulations on age and type of carry."

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

340 Mopar. The state constitution is clear: All privileges and immunities, with the exception of alcohol, MUST be given at age 18, period.

ProguninTN

imported post

18 yr olds can possess, and possibly file a suit to get a CWP ? Although, does anyone else think it odd that an 18yr old can possess a handgun under state law, but is prohibited from obtaining the ammunition by federal law ?

adam40cal

imported post

If your old enough to join the military your old enough to carry a firearm concealed or open. As well as buy the ammo, I'm wondering if the heller case will stop the feds from stopping people under 21 from buying handgun ammo.:question: