• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

recieved my permit yesterday

slowzx320

imported post

Well I recieved my permit, as i opened the envelope i had the biggest smile. So i wentto work(i work the grave yard shift) on my way there i stopped at walgreens and picked up a drink. Anyways i was carrying concealed under my jacket, just not ready to open carry yet but it felt good! and different. On my way home i got gas carrying again. Cant wait to go out again

bobcat

imported post

Welcome to the world of self defense. Thanks for exercising your right to carry. Since your new to carry, take your time about OC. Better to build up to it. Start by carrying around the house. This will help take some of the 'self conscience' aspect out of the equation.

If you haven't considered it already, do get some safety training and general defensive use training. I can't say enough about the benefits.

slowzx320

imported post

yea i havnt thought about open carry yet. Ill most likely do it whenever i walk my dog, or when i go up to the atm at nights?? that should be easy right?. And about those classes i think that would be nice to do, do you have any info on that? Thanks!!!

tattedupboy

imported post

Congratulations on getting your permit! This was the exact feeling I had when I received my permit back in 04. The first time I utilized was walking home from work at midnight. BTW, did you get the 4-year or lifetime permit?