Thread: Even the birds know what to do when questioned by the police

Post imported post

Lost Parrot Returns Home After Telling Veterinarian His Address
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008

}

AP

May 21: Yosuke the parrot rests in his cage at home in Nagareyama, Japan, after he was missing for two weeks.

TOKYO— When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught — recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.[/b]

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

"I'm Mr. Yosuke Nakamura," the bird told the veterinarian, according to Uemura. The parrot also provided his full home address, down to the street number, and even entertained the hospital staff by singing songs.

"We checked the address, and what do you know, a Nakamura family really lived there. So we told them we've found Yosuke," Uemura said.

The Nakamura family told police they had been teaching the bird its name and address for about two years.

But Yosuke apparently wasn't keen on opening up to police officials.

"I tried to be friendly and talked to him, but he completely ignored me," Uemura said.

Post imported post

Great story ... made me
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

"I plead the Fifth. Where are my crackers?"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    "I plead the Fifth. Where are my crackers?"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Thread title could have been, "Cops give vet the bird after he fails to identify himself"!

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    Thread title could have been, "Cops give vet the bird after he fails to identify himself"!
    Subtle and very nice. Made me LMAO
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    I was even more surprised that they didn't arrest the bird for failure to id himself.

WHERE ARE THE PARROT CUFFS ?!?!?!:what:....:celebrate

TJ

Post imported post

Just another case of "the man" keeping the African parrot down. Although they put him behind bars, lucky he didn't have to go to the big house and worry about getting plucked in the showers.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Just another case of "the man" keeping the African parrot down. Although they put him behind bars, lucky he didn't have to go to the big house and worry about getting plucked in the showers.

State Researcher

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Good one DD....ROFLMAO

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    now thats funny.:celebrate:celebrate

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    He (the parrot) also did not sing for the police!

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    He (the parrot) also did not sing for the police!

Yata hey
    This bird exercised his rights to remain silent!!

Post imported post

That is one good bird.