• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTB - Glock 27

jfrey123

imported post

Hey guys, haven't seen a for sale forum, nor any rules about OpenCarry.org not wanting us to do business with one another, so I figured I'd throw this out there. If this noob is over the line, let me know...

Anyway, since there's a bunch of locals here, I'm looking for a Glock 27. Don't care if it's NIB or used, but I'd prefer it to be in decent shape (excessive holster wear is a turn off for me). I've got my heart set on a O.D. frame. Will also consider a G33, but I'd prefer the .40 for penetration fears and because it's a popular round with LEO's.

If you got one, know a guy, seen one around in a case, etc, let me know! :cool: All state laws will apply for sellers offering to ship from Vegas, local sellers in Reno get to meet me FTF :uhoh:

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
.40 for penetration fears and because it's a popular round with LEO's...

32 people died at Virginia Tech from gunshots wounds inflicted by a Glock 19(9mm) and a .22 target pistol... You don't need a .40 to kill a person...but I'll see if anyone I know has one.

jfrey123

imported post

lol I figured someone would comment on my comment there.

My standard carry is a mix of .380 and .38 Special. My home defense/winter ccw and open carry piece is a G17 9mm (I do have a .357 Sig G31 slide when I want a hotter round).

Reason I want the .40 is because it will end up in the desert carry rotation, and I'd feel better against a mountain lion with something more potent than the 9mm. I completely agree 9mm is enough, but this is also an excuse to add a caliber to my collection... :celebrate

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I recommend a 12ga shotgun for both home defense and against a mountain lion. Sure, it holds fewer rounds, cannot be concealed (easily), and would probably raise more eyebrows OC than a handgun, but for knock down power and wound diameter, its the way to go. Plus they're cheaper than Glocks!

Now that being said, my carry piece is a .40, a Glock 23 in fact, usually with a 27 hiding nearby as a backup.

But at home by my nightstand, you'll find my trusty Mossberg if someone breaks in.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nice gun! And a capacity for 7 3" shells...not bad...is that 6+1? Ever see the 1 3/4" shells? Mossbergs have unsupported chambers so I can't try them out in my gun. I don't think there's a huge sacrifice in power, but you can fit 10 shells in the magazine instead of 6, which could be an advantage in certain situations.

See them on Midway at http://tinyurl.com/3ocx6b

Tim

jfrey123

imported post

Lol.. ok, thanks for the reccomendations guys, I have a shotgun too... I'm only a noob on this forum, not to guns in general.

Back to topic, I WTB a G27 in Olive Drab... :D

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
Lol.. ok, thanks for the reccomendations guys, I have a shotgun too... I'm only a noob on this forum, not to guns in general.

Back to topic, I WTB a G27 in Olive Drab... :D

Lookin at about $490

plus $25 shipping

that's all I can find :?

jfrey123

imported post

Thanks bro. That's about what I'm finding them for up here new. I'll just keep my eye out for something to come along, whether it be NIB when I get impatent or just happen to come across one in the paper.

jfrey123

imported post

Ok, so this thread can be done now... I was at Sportsman's Warehouse tonight, and a G27 (regular black frame) followed me home...

Best part about it was the fact that we are in Nevada. Walked in around 7pm (way too late for Mrs. Brady), got the gun, the two mags that came with it, a mid size magazine for back up, a 33 round 9mm mag and bullets.... ALL IN ONE BAG! And all with my G17 concealed under my jacket. I love this state, A LOT! :celebrate

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

The best I have is a reciept from Walmart with shotgun shells and beer on the same tab... at about 3am. Just for comedic value.

I was looking for something NASCAR related to add, but just couldn't find anything at the time.