• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC max rounds in mag

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Is there any laws that limit the count of rounds in the gun, I just got a msg from someone telling me there is a 10rd limit ine holds 11 +1. I have been stopped :)and they counted my rounds but never said a thing and I never hear of this. any thoughts I looked in my state code and found nothing, anybody got any diffrent for there state?

imperialism2024

imported post

IANAL, but if there's going to be a limit, it will be a limit on magazine capacity, not the number of rounds kept in the magazine.

And as far as I know, Kansas has no such law... but I could be wrong, as I'm no expert in Kansas firearms law.

jamesb3002

imported post

Some localities have laws on the mag size and some have laws on the type of ammo you are allowed to carry.

I do not know the speciic laws for your area. You might want to ask this in your state forum.

Legba

imported post

In Ohio, center-fire guns are limited to 31 rounds before you have to reload (30 round mag + 1 chambered). This is not always strictly observed, however. I've seen ads for higher capacity magazines for sale here. I guess nobody at the state level cares, but I'd hate to be a "test case." That said, you can carry as many such magazines as your strength will bear.

-ljp