• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wings, Pizza "N" Things in Purdy

Ajetpilot

imported post

My wife and I had dinner at Wings, Pizza, "N" Things in Purdy (read Gig Harbor) tonight. It has only been open two weeks, so I didn't know what to expect regarding open carry.

As I approached the door, I noticed incorrect signage posted. It is one you see at taverns where only booze is served: No Firearms allowed IAW RCW 9.41.300. I went in anyway, because I know this is a restaurant that allows minors. I asked to see the manager. Vince was very pleasant and receptive to my explanation of the referenced RCW, and I pulled out a pamphlet and read the pertinent part to him.He commented that I must know the law better than he, since he just arrived from Nevada. He accepted the pamphlet and seated us at a window table with a great view.

He stopped by the table later and said he will study the pamphlet and pass the information to the owners with the recommendation that they remove the sign. I will follow up with a letter.

Incidentally, the menu is excellent, and the food is outstanding. They have fresh Alaskan Halibut and hand-cut 14 oz Rib eye steaks among other things.

I'll update this thread if I receive a response from the owners, or if the sign disappears. For now, ignore the sign, and if someone says something, just say that Vince said it was okay.

kenshin

imported post

Good work out here on the peninsula. Where is this resteraunt? I work just 5 minutes over the purdy bridge and could possibly check it out on my way home, to see if they took the signs down. Maybe even stop in for dinner. :lol:

Ajetpilot

imported post

Definitely stop in for dinner, it's fabulous. They are open for lunch, too. I just checked, and the sign is still present. My letter is already in the mail; they'll receive it tomorrow.

The restaurant is located where Pearls, then The Beach House, and then Margarita Beach was located. None of them could make a go of it, but I'm hoping that this place survives. It is a stand-alone building, on the water, between the realty office and the espresso stand (east side of Purdy Bridge). The address is 13802 Purdy Dr.

Attachments

• Wings.jpg
    Wings.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 206

Bear 45/70

imported post

You will get a better response by contacting the LCB Enforcement Division and explain it to them. They will send a guy out and fix the problem ASAP. It's worked twice for me.

Ajetpilot

imported post

That was my thought also. I'll do that if I don't get a favorable outcome from management. In my letter I recommended that they contact the State Liquor Control board to verify the signage requirements.