• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Humor - Movies that would have been shorter if armed early

MetalChris

imported post

BUBB4H wrote:
There's one movie that just makes me mad every time I see it JUST because all that shit could've been avoided if he had had a gun.

but I forgot the name.... :uhoh: Help me out guys, it starred Kurt Russell. He and his wife are on a road trip in the desert, she gets kidnapped by a trucker yada yada yada...
The movie you're looking for is Breakdown.

tarzan1888

imported post

Duel

The 1971 made for TV movie staring Dennis Weaver.

It is the story of a frightened salesman going across the desert being terrorized by an un-seen deiver in a big rusty tanker truck.

Tarzan

Huck

imported post

Hmmm... With all these movies that would have been shorter, or no movie at all,had the chars been packing it occurs to me that if everyone in real life was packing the world might acually be a dull place! :)

Think about it, who would the whackos go after if there were no unarmed victims?

imperialism2024

imported post

Well, if more people had been packing, and if they would have been packing more than one reload: The Mist

:lol:

Ok, a lot more people packing... guns chambered in high-powered calibers... maybe it could have been a little shorter... :?

vtme_grad98

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I need to actually see that entire movie. The sound of music.

My ex-wife got me to watch that once. It was actually pretty enjoyable, with one exception. As soon as you hear the phrase "Rolf, write me a telegram", hit the skip button as fast as possible if you want to avoid getting nauseous.

As far as horror flicks go, Ihaven't been able tostand watching anything that doesn't have a supernatural element to it since I became a gun owner. Guns aren't going to stop whatever that thing was in the Grudge.

Granted, I don't see the Halloween and Friday the 13th films as things that could have been ended faster by a gun. Mike Myers and Jason Vorhees suffered much worse than gunfire in those films and kept on going. House of Wax would have definitely been a lot shorter with guns though. BTW, House of Wax is worth watching, simply because you get to see Paris Hilton killed.

compmanio365

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
I've often thought of what kind of movie Signs would have been with guns...
I thought the farmer guy had a shotgun.......but then something magically happened to it partway through the film and we didn't see it again.........I really thought that movie was crap........

danbus

imported post

1. Inside Man

2. Alien

3. Pitch Black

4. All of the Resident Evils

5. Every kung fu movie ever made (quoted from William)

6. All Tremors

7. 300

8. The Da Vinci Code

9. The Ring

10. Scream (all of them)

11. Maximum Overdrive (I'm a 80s baby)

12. The Fly

13. The Hitcher

14. Held Up

15. The Omen

16. John Q

17. Doom

18. Jurrasic Park

19. 28 days Later (Week later too)

20. Saw movies (situational awareness more likely comes into play)

21. Jumanji

22. Jaws

23. Gremlins

more coming...

John

imported post

Loneviking wrote:
Any of the Halloween series---

'Oh look, he has a hockey mask and a knife. Can't be friendly! Bang, Bang! :shock:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre:

Oh my God! He's running at me with a chainsaw that is fired up! :what:

That surely qualifies as a threat.....bang, bang, bang, bang, bang,bang..(had to kill the chainsaw too)..:celebrate
Michael Myers was shot dozens of times in those movies and he never died.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The entire Batman series - if Bruce Wayne's daddy had been packing, instead of becoming Batman, Bruce Wayne would have just been another wealthy businessman and the Joker would have been in jail or dead before becoming the Joker. And the movie would have been about 3 minutes long:

Joker: Give me your money.
Wayne: Ok, don't hurt us, here ya go.
Joker: Ever dance with the devil in the...
Wayne: BANGBANGBANG
Joker: aaahhhh, oouuccchhh
Wayne: Yeah, that's what you get. Let's go call the police family.

Ending credits.

Harper1227

imported post

oooh, i like this game, hubby and I play it every time we watch a movie. I'm surprised no one has said Vacancy yet. Husband and wife get stranded, stop at some crappy highway motel in the middle of no where. find videos of vicious murders commited right in thier room. crazies start trying to break into the room through thefront and ajoining roomdoors. BANG BANG BANG!!! - end scene.:celebrate

XD40coyote

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
ANY movie on the Lifetime Channel

LMAO! Yes! In my case it is called LMN on direct tv- lifetime movie network, but all those sappy women in trouble movies nonetheless. The "best" I have seen so far was the 2 southern women kidnapped by the creep, raped and then 1 killed, the other left for dead. Then the creep gets out of jail later and stalks the 1 lady over and over, but no one ever has a gun. It would have all ended much faster had 1 of the ladies been packing at the beginning when the guy came to abduct them at knifepoint and forced them into the trunk of the car. Not sure, but this movie may have even been based a real event!

The one movie I saw on there thatI was cheering over was this one with a kid who shot and killed 2 of 3 guys who had broken into the house when his parents weren't there. He became a local hero. But the 3rd guy and this guy in jail plotted revenge and when the jailed guy got out, they went after the family. The mom runs out gun in hand when the son runs out yelling at the 2 criminals ( unarmed-geeze), but she doesn't shoot the bad guys even though they were clearly a threat ( trying to run her son over). The ending was LAME.

Brave One would have ended very fast had Jody Foster and the Iraqi from Lost had been packing when walking the dog. As soon as those assholes came out threatening them- bang bang bang bang bang- movie over. But it was in NYC- so ya know the real deal... ( hey I still enjoyed the movie, watching her shoot those assholes later, then getting her dog back too)

Oh Death Wish would have ended real fast too had the mom been packing when those punks came in LMAO

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]The Wizard of Oz

[/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]Misery [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][/size][/font]

3 cartoons also come to mind:
Shrek
Cinderella
Snow White

dude

imported post

1. sylvester stallone/wesley snipes in demolition man
(this movie is a shiningexample of the wussification - and all the ensuing problems -gun control brings with it.)

&

2. bruce willis / joaquin phoenix in signs
(that movie drove me nuts cuz mel's characterdidnt have a friggen shotgun...)

3. Napolean Dynamite
(pretty good movie, but it could have been better if he really was hunting woverines in alaska with a 'fricken 12 guage'.....Gosh!!!! Idiot!!!! ....But my lips hurt real bad!!)

edit - oh yeah, anyone see "the marine" with john cena??? That was some pretty funny stuff!!