• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying to the Airport!

Rey

imported post

So, Peaches bought a puppy. It looks like a cotton ball andcost more than my Kimber. They are sending the little princess via American Airlines and we are going to pick her up tomorrow.

My question to all you learned patriots is, can I OC to pick her up? As far as I know the entire airport is not a Defenseless Victims Zone, just the gate/boarding area. Of course if I happen to see a sign I'll know for sure. I'm worried about hidden "this land belongs to Communist D.C." violations, even though it's technically located in Chantilly.

I'm just going to baggage claim to pick up little, appropriately named, Cotton. Do I have to disarm?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Liko81 wrote:
ed wrote:
I asked basically the same question. Here is my answer:

http://www.vcdl.org/letters/mwaa2008.pdf

Specifically.. read 8.4

Ed
In short, you cannot OC into Dulles Airport. You CAN CC with a valid Virginia CCpermit, or carry OC or CC if you are an LEO oran employee using it in the course and scope of employment.
Sorry.. I am a dumbass or I missed it or both. I read 8.4 and it says I can't carry (even CC) because I am not LEO or traveling, etc.

Rey

imported post

Well, what I read is that I cannot take it into the "terminals, the airfield,or any building that opens onto the airfield." I'm going to Baggage Claim.So unless Baggage Claimis in a terminal, I'mcleared hot.

:uhoh:right?

livitup

imported post

Mike wrote:
Uh, folks, forget MWAA Reg. 8.4  - any carry inside the Dulles Terminal is banned by VA law - http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287.01

VA is one of only about 5-6 states which ban carry in the non-sterile areas of an airport terminal.

And that brings up a good point... why haven't we (the royal we) been fighting that one? Is it just an issue of bigger fish to fry?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

IIRC, it was a hostage situation between getting full preemption of the old "grandfathered" ordinances which affected non-CHP holders open carrying.