• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Public Official practices 2A Civil Disobedience

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hurray for Texas Land Commissioner, Jerry Patterson!

http://tinyurl.com/4sxp5z
statesman.com
NATIONAL PARKS
Bush plan would lift ban on guns

"When I'm in a state or national park, I'm armed," Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson said. "An unconstitutional rule promulgated by a federal bureaucracy is not sufficient to deny me that right."

Patterson gained attention last year when he put the state-owned Christmas Mountains tract up for sale and said he would not turn it over to Big Bend National Park until the National Park Service assured him that visitors would be able to bear weapons on the land.

My Hero. :)

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Hurray for Texas Land Commissioner, Jerry Patterson!

http://tinyurl.com/4sxp5z
statesman.com
NATIONAL PARKS
Bush plan would lift ban on guns

"When I'm in a state or national park, I'm armed," Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson said. "An unconstitutional rule promulgated by a federal bureaucracy is not sufficient to deny me that right."

Patterson gained attention last year when he put the state-owned Christmas Mountains tract up for sale and said he would not turn it over to Big Bend National Park until the National Park Service assured him that visitors would be able to bear weapons on the land.

My Hero. :)

Well, he's also the Texas Land Commissioner, and he controls as you see the Department of Parks and Wildlife. He himself can OC in a State Park and as soon as he is approached, he simply identifies himself, says he is carrying in the course and scope of his employment and the ranger bids him good day. If the ranger does not, the ranger quite soon thereafter finds himself transferredsomewhere quite less scenic by executive order.What is "sufficient" to denyMr. Pattersonthat right, versus you, are very different.

Having said that, oo-rah to him for his attempts to secure the same right for everyone.