Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a good holster for OC, and CC. - Gas station encounter.

Post imported post

the belt clips gave out today, and it wasnt even loaded. Too much carrying :P does anyone have anything?

By the way, OC'd to dairy queen, looks, but nothing said.

But i stopped for gas, and that's where it flipped from good OC day. to..ehh..

Guys comes out of the station (not a worker)

Guy - 'are you law enforcement?'

Me - 'No, sir. why do you ask?:P'

Guy - 'Bondsman?'

Me'No'

Guy' My wife would likeyou to put the gun away.she wont come out of the gas station untill you do. She's just a little touchy she's had her life threatened with one int he past'

Me ' I'm in a hurry, and ill be gone in a moment. But you do know this is perfectly legal,correct?'

Guy. - right, with a permit.

I took thethe next few secondsto explain to him, that Washington is an OC state, and even gave him my last copy of the WGR. pamphlet that i had. He seemed somewhat receptive. But still a little dickish.

Guy - hmm

Me - have a good day ,man.

as i get in my car. i take notice to the lady, (his wife) standing next to the glass doors, as i shut my door, she walks out. and doesnt even look at me. Gets in the car and they peel out, pissed off.

Post imported post

There's an old saying that I heard once: "People who are easily offended, usually are."

Theoretically, I was threatened by a guy wearing a red sweatshirt once, but that doesn't mean I have to freak out everytime I see a 49'ers jersey. Shrug it off, its good that you were able to inform someone, even if they didn't want to agree with you from the get-go.

Post imported post

exactly my thought on it.

I figure it's just one persons opinion.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

There are a lot of people that are afraid of clowns.

Does that means we should ban clowns inpublic?

Post imported post

well it only seems logical

Post imported post

I got over my fear of clowns by Open Carrying !!

Post imported post

Good thing you didn't have to go inside to pay, what the hell would she have done then? Cornered! No where to run! Aaaaghhhhh!!!!!

Edit to add: She was threatened with a gun once and is freaked out, i.e. she thinks she might get shot by going outside. So instead, she sends her husband out to possibly die by approaching the "terrorist/madman" and requesting he put his gun away.
    :celebrate

Now thats love!

Post imported post

Haha, right?!

'Honey.. you know how i get around guns.. can you go disarm this man?.. I mean.. i know he looks clean cut.. but.. you never know.. and.. i mean.. if you die.. I love you, okay?... Hey, where is the life insurance policy??...'

Post imported post

She suffers from Hoplophobia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoplophobia

Post imported post

She would most surely get over her fear of firearms. if she were to shoot some!

Post imported post

If I were you, I would have:

1. Checked my tires

2. Check my fuses

3. Check my oil. See that I needed a quart....go buy one.

5. Check my coolant

100. Clean the back seat.

Post imported post

Phil, to answer your initial question, check out the Blackhawk Serpa CQC line of holsters; they come in matte black and carbon-fiber applique. I have the CF model for my G27 and use it for both OC (outside the waistband) and CC. I even CC in situations that would normally get you busted for "printing", as it is such a close fit due to the polymer molding.

It has both a tension screw and a locking lever that must be depressed by your trigger finger to unlock the trigger guard from the holster. No snaps or loops to get caught up on and it's cut in the front for quick muzzle-on-target draws. When depressing the locking lever, your finger is positioned on the frame of the pistol, exactly where it should be for the draw.

You didn't mention what make/model of pistol, so I can't check for you whether they have it in either matte or CF for you.

Edit: it comes with both belt loops and a paddle that attach via screws. It can be set to vertical, slight forward/back cant, or full forward/back cant by just changing the position of the screws, which allows it to change from strong-side draw to cross-draw.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Phil, to answer your initial question, check out the Blackhawk Serpa CQC line of holsters; they come in matte black and carbon-fiber applique. I have the CF model for my G27 and use it for both OC (outside the waistband) and CC. I even CC in situations that would normally get you busted for "printing", as it is such a close fit due to the polymer molding.

It has both a tension screw and a locking lever that must be depressed by your trigger finger to unlock the trigger guard from the holster. No snaps or loops to get caught up on and it's cut in the front for quick muzzle-on-target draws. When depressing the locking lever, your finger is positioned on the frame of the pistol, exactly where it should be for the draw.

You didn't mention what make/model of pistol, so I can't check for you whether they have it in either matte or CF for you.

Edit: it comes with both belt loops and a paddle that attach via screws. It can be set to vertical, slight forward/back cant, or full forward/back cant by just changing the position of the screws, which allows it to change from strong-side draw to cross-draw.

HUGE +1

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

Safariland's ALS holsters are pretty nice.

Post imported post

mine is the beretta 96 (40.Cal.) Model. i found the black hawk yesterday at a local sporting goods store. ill probably go snag it today

Post imported post

Dunno how well-suited the SERPA is for CC, though, if you carry IWB. If you're looking for a tuckable IWB CC holster, may I suggest you check out the Comp-Tac Minotaur?

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

Post imported post

Hey, you're really doing it, Phil! Pavin' the way for the lawful exercise of rights in C-town! Way to go!

Post imported post

It's unfortunate that people have such irrational fears, but you did the best thing in an imperfect situation. I wish I could get my wife to drop her irrational fear of the things - but at least she's adamant about being scared of them, but supporting our right to have them unconditionally.

Post imported post

Hey, thanks for the link. it looks like they have some good product!

however i just went and picked up one of the serpa blackhawk CarbonFiber's from ..sunbirds?.. 56.99.. price you pay to have a good holster, i suppose.. besides.. i see it last a while.

Anyways. as far as centralia goes.. I know the 'police policy' .. im waiting to get a gun drawn on me.. for..for what?.. obeying the law

Post imported post

I like the "clowns" argument. I'm gonna use that one.

I'd also couple it with a racial argument ("It's legal to be black, but some people are racist and afraid of blacks, should we only allow whites in public?"), but obviously race isn't something you choose or change, which I'm sure they'd counter with.

Post imported post

I haven't ordered mine yet, but have heard very good reviews.

http://ravenconcealment.com/

Post imported post

holepoker wrote:

I'm not comfortable with the amount of retention afforded from that holster, especially for OC'ing.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    holepoker wrote:

I'm not comfortable with the amount of retention afforded from that holster, especially for OC'ing.
    You guys qualify as paranoid over retention.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    What can I say, I also subscribe to the "have it and not need rather than need it and not have it" crowd. :P

Plus, we've had accounts from members (Agent 47's bike riding incident comes to mind) where retention was absolutely essential in preventing a gun grab.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    What can I say, I also subscribe to the "have it and not need rather than need it and not have it" crowd. :P

Plus, we've had accounts from members (Agent 47's bike riding incident comes to mind) where retention was absolutely essential in preventing a gun grab.
    I've been carrying for over 43 years and Agent 47's gun grab was bogus at best. If it had been the real thing he would have reported it, instead he ignored it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast